Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You may think this is a troll thread but it's not.

When I buy any sort of clothing that goes on my lower body (except socks and shoes ) I have to judge the size based on the size of my bum rather than the size of my waist.

My waist is about 31 1/2 but my bum is 40 1/2 - a 9 inch difference. I also have big thighs as well. When I usually buy jeans the stiffness of the denim squashes me since my bum sticks out quite a lot so jeans feel very uncomfortable to wear.

I don't want to go out and buy jeans with a 40 inch waist as this would be ridiculous. Men also don't have jeans like women which (as silly as it is to say in my case) emphasises curves so I wonder if I'm doomed to live uncomfortably for the rest of my life. Unless I break conventions and wear jeggings.

What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    I've got Caribbean genes, so my bum and thighs are on the larger side of the spectrum.

Always had a problem finding good jeans, Levi's 559's and 569's work really well for me though. Give them a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skumgummi)
    I've got Caribbean genes, so my bum and thighs are on the larger side of the spectrum.

Always had a problem finding good jeans, Levi's 559's and 569's work really well for me though. Give them a try.
    I don't think I hate the money for Levi's unless by some good fortune I get a job today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithYou)
    I don't think I hate the money for Levi's unless by some good fortune I get a job today.
    That's a shame, if you have any contacts in the US it's very cheap because of the weak dollar. I just ordered 4 pairs of jeans for 100 dollars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skumgummi)
    That's a shame, if you have any contacts in the US it's very cheap because of the weak dollar. I just ordered 4 pairs of jeans for 100 dollars
    I'll keep this mind. On an affordable budget what would you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    I'll keep this mind. On an affordable budget what would you suggest?
    Can't help you there I'm afraid, I've never been on a tight budget.

ReputationRep:
    Bra' needs to stop squatting!

ReputationRep:
    What about if I wore girl's jeans? At least I might be able to have the extra room in the back.

ReputationRep:
    Same problem, dem dere squats just blew my legs and ass up, looks stupidly disproportioned

ReputationRep:
    I actually like looking disproportionate. My legs came from growing though, I don't really work out.

ReputationRep:
    What about if I wore girl's jeans? At least I might be able to have the extra room in the back.
    Bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    I just wear baggy clothes it's a lot more comfortable, might not be flattering or attractive but i'm not to bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Too many shy gents on this thread :sexface:

:laugh:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.