Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone currently studying or who has studied Chem Eng at Nottingham? Would you recommend it? I liked the Open Day the best but I'm not sure if I should pick it over Manchester/Birmingham since they're better for chem eng. And do you know why Nottingham has a low student satisfaction for chem eng on the league tables?

ReputationRep:
    If you liked the open day then it is the place for you. Ignore student satisfaction if you are doing Chem eng. at any of the top unis your life is going to be hard. It is a lot of very hard work. you have to be extremely motivated.

I personally love the University of Nottingham ( and i am a 1 st year chem enger). It's by no means impossible but you cant mess around... The nightlife is great so ye i do still have a social life ! I would recommend it! Another thing i would say is that you are exposed to recruitment from the top firms in Engineering and others such as Pepsi and coca cola, also budweiser literally 3-4 weekdays. they pretty much always have stands up in the Engineering science learning building trying to get you on board.

Chem eng research is really highly rated here to, so it just ensures you are taught by world leading academics. The Manchester department is also great by the looks of things ( home of chem eng) but id say at either Manchester Birmingham and Nottingham you are looking at pretty much the same experience and stuff. just Manc is a city uni, Notts and Birmingham are campus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.