Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey on the visit day i noticed keele was basically in the middle of nowhere
    but i know there's easy bus routes to places like hanley, stoke-on-tent and newcastle
    so i wondering does keele have basically every almost you'd ever want? and you hardly need to venture out of campus? or do people go other towns a lot for eating and drinking
    if so where e.g. hanley, stoke-on-trent or newcastle?
    thank yoou
    x

ReputationRep:
    In terms of going out, I hardly go anywhere but the union with my friends. There are occasionally some big nights out in Hanley that students travel into Stoke for. Speaking for myself, I lived in Newcastle for my first year and I never had a night out there, everything was basically union based - that's where the prices are best and that's where the majority of students go. Pound a pint all night on Mondays! As for shops, it's dead easy to get a bus down from campus to town center where shops are.
    I reckon if you live on campus, you'll probably spend most of your time there unless you have friends off campus. Keele's pretty self contained and every necessity can be found on campus in some form. I can't really comment too much on that though. I'm coming to the end of my second year and I've never lived on campus and I won't be next year.
    Hope this was useful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.