Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teeth whitening at the dentists that takes minutes watch

ReputationRep:
    Years ago at the dentist, my dentist asked during a check-up if I would like my teeth whitened. I said sure and after a few minutes my teeth were whitened. That's all I really remember about it.

I've been Googling now, but all I see are major techniques that take several appointments or involve much more than I remember. So what was it that I got?

I'd like them whitened again, so I'd like to know what to ask for and not confuse my dentist (who is now a different one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Years ago at the dentist, my dentist asked during a check-up if I would like my teeth whitened. I said sure and after a few minutes my teeth were whitened. That's all I really remember about it.

I've been Googling now, but all I see are major techniques that take several appointments or involve much more than I remember. So what was it that I got?

I'd like them whitened again, so I'd like to know what to ask for and not confuse my dentist (who is now a different one).
    It's called a clean where the dentist uses this machine where it feels like it's scraping it's called a clean :L the time taken all depends on how dirty your teeth are... longest I had was 15 minutes and then 5 minutes the next time I went, it all depends on your own teeth lol

ReputationRep:
    Scale and polish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by westarmy)
    It's called a clean where the dentist uses this machine where it feels like it's scraping it's called a clean :L the time taken all depends on how dirty your teeth are... longest I had was 15 minutes and then 5 minutes the next time I went, it all depends on your own teeth lol
    I've had my teeth cleaned before, but she only did it on the gum line and inbetween teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    I've had my teeth cleaned before, but she only did it on the gum line and inbetween teeth.
    Well it is a teeth clean... But, the dentist will usually apply a form of duraphat toothpaste, meh to be honest to get your teeth white just buy duraphat... Dentists use Duraphat 7800ppm (which for safety reasons you can't buy)... Normal toothpaste has about 1400pm, you can purchase the 5000ppm and the 2800ppm... Up to you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.