Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What clubs do you have in your bag? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just want to know what clubs everyone is hitting in their golf bag? Quick comment/review on the clubs you use, handicap and satisfaction with the clubs you are using and any other relevant info! Cheers! N.B. (Pics welcome)

ReputationRep:
    Name:  TaylorMade Rescue Mid-RAC OS Combo Better Player Irons.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  15.3 KB
    TaylorMade RAC OS Irons- Absolute gem of irons, can definitely compete with if not better the new irons on the market. Very forgiving and has a nice sweet spot. Just goes to show new isn't always best.

Name:  st2 driver.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  23.2 KB
    MD Superstrong ST2 driver- Have only just bought this club so cant really give much of a review at the moment but seems to hit will. Driving is one of the poorer aspects of my game.

Name:  super hybrid.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  42.2 KB
    MD Superstrong 21 degree hybrid. Absolute MONSTER. Defs a purchase Im really happy with. Completely wipes out the 2 and 3 iron (which I'm not too bad at hitting-but this makes the distance effortless). Was smashing it well over 200 yards the other day off the deck 9 times out of ten.

Name:  r11s.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  177.0 KB
    TaylorMade R11s 3 wood- Bought this a while back and have seen the ball disappear with some good shots, although wouldn't be overly confident with it all the time as like before driving off the tee isn't my forte, need a few lessons to get that sorted, getting it where i want to go and then I feel that ill be pretty happy with it.

Name:  seve wedge.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  83.6 KB
    MD Seve Ballesteros Lob wedge, 60ish degrees with 12 degree bounce. On the whole a good club, but with like all lob wedges you need to be fairly confident when swinging-if you hit it thick the ball takes off along the ground like a daisy cutter and if you get under it too much the ball pops up a foot in front of you. A fine art if you can do it and you look pretty boss when you can, but if not, you just look like a t**t.

Putter- I use a cheap wilson £15 jobby from sports direct as i believe spending hundreds of pounds on putters is crazy! If you cant two putt with a plank of wood you should think of taking up fishing at the weekends instead.

ReputationRep:
    I had the rac irons then moved to the blades when I got down to single figures. Amazing clubs if you know how to get the most out of them.

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference in blades to cavity back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggillystyle)
    What's the difference in blades to cavity back?
    Cavity Backs put the weight away from the face allowing a more forgiving iron. Blades Have more weight at the face allowing you to shape your shots. So cavity backs are for high handicappers and blades for low handicappers. Although the difference is not as obvious now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in love with you for your first 2 spoiler gifs. Marry me?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the hunt for a new driver and irons. Both are cobra at the moment but want to make the move to some titleist's or mizuno's.

What im happy with;
    Scotty Cameron putter
    Titleist vokey 50'
    Calaway X 60'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.