Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to come to my local unit for the first meeting tonight as I have just completed registration and I am just wondering what actually happens at the first meeting, although I haven't yet had the first aid training session yet so am wondering what may happen. Any help would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscoldchaser)
    I have been invited to come to my local unit for the first meeting tonight as I have just completed registration and I am just wondering what actually happens at the first meeting, although I haven't yet had the first aid training session yet so am wondering what may happen. Any help would be great
    I'm going to my first meeting with the unit in just over an hour!

Did your meeting go well? I've not done my first aid training yet either - I was so nervous during the induction first aid training, so I'm hoping the people in my unit are nice and plentiful in knowledge!

I hope it did go well!

ReputationRep:
    I got there to the meeting 5 minutes early and when 8:00pm came around nobody had turned up so someone guessed it had been cancelled, but I was annoyed as nobody had contacted me to tell me this instead of wasting a journey. Maybe next week.

Hope yours went better than mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscoldchaser)
    I got there to the meeting 5 minutes early and when 8:00pm came around nobody had turned up so someone guessed it had been cancelled, but I was annoyed as nobody had contacted me to tell me this instead of wasting a journey. Maybe next week.

Hope yours went better than mine!
    Oh dear - I hope it happens this week round!

Mine was quite lovely. Most of the people were really jokey and happy - we talked about the London Marathon and what types of injuries we'd come across.

I say "we" incorrectly, because I'm not a First Aider yet so I wasn't allowed to join!

But yes, so I joined that unit and hopefully I can get some training underway!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.