Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I have to have my AS Level choices in by tommorow and i have a problem here are my choices;
    History
    Biology
    Gov and Pol
    Physics or Sociology

The problem is the fourth option do i do Physics or Sociology, as ive gathered Physics is definately considered a more ''stronger'' and ''traditional#'' subject then Sociology. So i guess what im askin is it worth it taking a gamble and going for Physics because its ''stronger and more traditional'' or sud i go for the one i think i can do well in.

P.S Also what do you think about my choices

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stu_uk_aussie)
    Hey Guys,

I have to have my AS Level choices in by tommorow and i have a problem here are my choices;
    History
    Biology
    Gov and Pol
    Physics or Sociology

The problem is the fourth option do i do Physics or Sociology, as ive gathered Physics is definately considered a more ''stronger'' and ''traditional#'' subject then Sociology. So i guess what im askin is it worth it taking a gamble and going for Physics because its ''stronger and more traditional'' or sud i go for the one i think i can do well in.

Cheers
    Go for the one you think you can do well in, history and biology are traditional subjects, and at the end of the day, Unis dont particularly care, unless youre gonna go for a competitive subject.

ReputationRep:
    Go with what you enjoy and what you feel you will do best in! In my experience a lot of people have difficulty with physics as A-Level so i wouldnt do it unless you are really confident with it.
    As for the others, Biology is a very good choice! Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

History
    Biology
    Gov and Pol
    Physics or Sociology

Cheers
    Be a Man - go for physics!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

History
    Biology
    Gov and Pol
    Physics or Sociology

Cheers
    Well they are quite varied - science, humanities and 'literate'
    As for the choice: which would you rather do? Choose the subject you could see yourself getting a competent grade in, and not what may 'appeal' to universities or employers.
    Then again, what are you likely to do after A levels? If the course is related to physics or sociology then it would be best to do the relevant one.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Very much guys for your input im still not sure although im leaning towards Sociology

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what you want to do at UNI yet??

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.