The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering in Bath or Loughborough?

Hi guys,

I have actually posted this in the Engineering forum, but perhaps I might get more feedback here. Hope you all don't mind me doing this. :smile:

Anyways, I have received unconditional offers for aerospace/aeronautical engineering from Bath and Loughborough, but I'm finding it difficult to make a decision regarding which uni to go for.

Department-wise, both look very strong in aero engineering, while rankings and student satisfaction seems high for the course at both unis (from what I gathered in TSR and Unistats).

I guess it comes down to which uni suits me most in terms of teaching, lectures and facilities (and also the student lifestyle!) - unfortunately as an international student I don't have the opportunity to find out about these in person during Open Days. Pictures and info from the uni websites don't really tell you much.

Would really appreciate if some past/current or even future engineering students could provide me with some feedback or comments. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ps. Do go easy on me, I'm fairly new to posting around here. And again, apologies if this topic has already been brought up before.
Reply 1
Original post by joelwong
Hi guys,

I have actually posted this in the Engineering forum, but perhaps I might get more feedback here. Hope you all don't mind me doing this. :smile:

Anyways, I have received unconditional offers for aerospace/aeronautical engineering from Bath and Loughborough, but I'm finding it difficult to make a decision regarding which uni to go for.

Department-wise, both look very strong in aero engineering, while rankings and student satisfaction seems high for the course at both unis (from what I gathered in TSR and Unistats).

I guess it comes down to which uni suits me most in terms of teaching, lectures and facilities (and also the student lifestyle!) - unfortunately as an international student I don't have the opportunity to find out about these in person during Open Days. Pictures and info from the uni websites don't really tell you much.

Would really appreciate if some past/current or even future engineering students could provide me with some feedback or comments. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ps. Do go easy on me, I'm fairly new to posting around here. And again, apologies if this topic has already been brought up before.

Independent league table sortable by overall rating or by subject etc.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

Just another way of choosing in case you haven't already considered.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by HPAG
Independent league table sortable by overall rating or by subject etc.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

Just another way of choosing in case you haven't already considered.

Thanks HPAG! In fact, I have already looked through the rankings, but I'm hoping that some current or past year students could share their experiences with me. It would be good to know how they feel about the course, something like first hand information.

But thanks again for taking time to reply! :smile:
I live with engineers and my boyfriend is one... so:

Engineers are worked hard. But Bath's a lovely place to do it.

I've written loads in other threads on this board so browse those and if you still have questions quote me in the *main applicants' thread*

Quick Reply

Latest