Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why do Muslims care more about people not jumping to conclusions or stating it could be al-queada or any other Islamic terrorist organisation more than caring for the actual victims? I have not seen one Muslim state their condolences for the victims or to pray for them, however i have seen an out pour of Muslims " disgusted with humanity"- and that's right folks, not because somebody would blow up and kill and injure hundreds, but because people have said it could have been muslims- which it could very well have been, given 9/11, given the London bombings, given that everyday hundreds of people die from bomb blasts from muslims. This is not being islamophobic or prejudice. It is based on what has happened in the past. that is all

ReputationRep:
    As soon as i saw the news i prayed for the victims. If you are not religious, then consider my prayer to be a kind of spiritual and humanistic show of affection to fellow human beings who lived a life like i have, and have lost it in such a tragic way.

Please come to the I-SOC thread and you will see many muslims giving their condolences.

Holy Quran: "Whosoever kills an innocent human being, it is as if he has killed the whole of mankind".

Osama Bin Laden and the terrorists have no mandate, no Quranic mandate whatsoever to be doing any of this acts. Suicide is unanimously forbidden in Islam, and in the Quran - there is a overwhelming consensus. So how anyone can suicide 'bomb' and claim to go to heaven, only God knows.

I get shivers down my spine when i hear of the heroic people who ran , tore their clothes off and tried to stem the blood of those who had severe bleeding/body parts barely hanging out.

However, i also felt for the 31 Iraqi's who were bombed to death. I value all human life, Iraq or in Boson, Newyork or in Tehran.

BTW: I did not neg you. As a general rule, i do not neg anyone just for stating an opinion i do not agree with.

To add, if you go into the Boston thread - or one of them atleast- i actually claimed that i think it probably WAS the muslims by name / politically motivated/backward terrorists. We can't possibly know though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you are narrow minded, Have you gone out and spoken to every single muslim before making such a generalised conclusion? No. I am a muslim and I give my condolences to the victims and their families. You're just another victim of today's anti-Islam propaganda. Don't judge a religion by the minority of people who don't know how to follow it properly, they practically contradict Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Although I partly agree with your initial point, you could have said it less offensively, and to be honest the last part really wasn't necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What you talking about, I'm muslim and i care about the victims at this horrific event which has occured and sadly ended in injuries and loss of life, many muslims also feel the same way, I have seen many R.I.P status from my Muslim friends and also in school many sympthoised with the victims and there family, so I don't know what you mean by saying Muslims care about the islamic organisation more then the victims, some obviously are happy that it was any Muslim terrorist organisation trying to once again cause a bad reputation of muslims, many people are sypathetic, anyways the Pakistani Taliban have said they do support the idea of attacking USA but they were not behind it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    Why do Muslims care more about people not jumping to conclusions or stating it could be al-queada or any other Islamic terrorist organisation more than caring for the actual victims? I have not seen one Muslim state their condolences for the victims or to pray for them, however i have seen an out pour of Muslims " disgusted with humanity"- and that's right folks, not because somebody would blow up and kill and injure hundreds, but because people have said it could have been muslims- which it could very well have been, given 9/11, given the London bombings, given that everyday hundreds of people die from bomb blasts from muslims. This is not being islamophobic or prejudice. It is based on what has happened in the past. that is all
    The funny thing was that 'Muslims' was trending on twitter. I read 2 comments with people blaming Muslims, the rest was everybody else suspecting & non-muslims of blaming muslims. loool. a lot of people also noticed and commented on it.

But overall, you're right. You'll get thumbed down for it though. I've also seen a lot of comments on youtube/twitter by Muslims saying that is was deserved, or saying things like 'Why when a U.S child dies it everybody gets upset' or 'what about america done'. No real sympathy at all. Although I have seen some Muslims who have.

If this was the other way around and a mosque, muslim family had been randomly killed with no suspects, Muslims would be the first to jump on the 'racism & Islamophobia' bandwagon. Happens all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand where they're coming from to be honest. What annoys me more are the left-apologists who are trying to use this to score points about Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Just wow! Take a bow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You were saying ?

ReputationRep:
    freeurmind - you beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    If a human falls prey to a disease you do not start blaming him or start hating on every single human for it. I am a Muslim who was born and raised in Pakistan and you know what? We are the biggest victims of the so-called Islamic terrorism which indeed is nothing but a disease infecting the beauty of an Islamic state. We suffer the most at the hands of this terrorism when our friends and family die each day, you don't. Your country had one blast, we have them everyday! And instead of consoling us for the mere sake of humanity you take the convenient option of detesting each one us just because our belief in God makes us fall under a tabooed religious title. There is much more to us Muslims than you wish to perceive. My family and practically all my social circle is Muslim majority and they are the most civilised and kind people one could ever know. Islam teaches us peace, love and respect. It tells us to be modest, generous and forgiving. If we hurt someone even with our words we have been told that there is no forgiving unless that person we hurt forgave us. Then how can Islam be the cause behind this terrorism? Please think logically before you form an opinion about such a huge propotion of the world population.
    I just pray to God five times a day because it gives me strength to keep on. I believe that He is there with me because it never lets me lose hope. I abstain from hurting others, lying or doing indecent deeds because I feel accountable to a higher power. This makes me "Muslim" but I am still just another person like you who lives in the 21st century and has normal human habits like you all do. I am doing A levels, I go to parties, watch tv, keep pets, travel..! Would you now call me a terrorist for living the way I do, just because I am a Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    I agree and it was the same here in 2007, what we must stop doing is justifying ourselves every time we experience terrorism and speculate as to who it may be, as you have done by feeling like you have to state that you're
    "not prejudiced or islamaphobic, " seriously, there would be something wrong with us if we were not , given the state of things today and why should they expect (and they do)more from us in every way than they expect from themselves, Islamic terrorism is the bane of the world, and millions that could be spent on humanity in a productive way is spent on counter terrorism, If I was to be honest I don't really want to tolerate them anymore I'm sick of appeasement they don't deserve it and only see it as weakness . They don't have a right to be indignant about speculation, they do not know for sure
    whether it was Islamic extremists or not what of it turned out to be so, where would their indignation be then, do you think it would give them cause to question their obedience and loyalty to this doctrine, not at all, they're two-faced weak people . Dangerous !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elsagatehouse)
    I agree and it was the same here in 2007, what we must stop doing is justifying ourselves every time we experience terrorism and speculate as to who it may be, as you have done by feeling like you have to state that you're
    "not prejudiced or islamaphobic, " seriously, there would be something wrong with us if we were not , given the state of things today and why should they expect (and they do)more from us in every way than they expect from themselves, Islamic terrorism is the bane of the world, and millions that could be spent on humanity in a productive way is spent on counter terrorism, If I was to be honest I don't really want to tolerate them anymore I'm sick of appeasement they don't deserve it and only see it as weakness . They don't have a right to be indignant about speculation, they do not know for sure
    whether it was Islamic extremists or not what of it turned out to be so, where would their indignation be then, do you think it would give them cause to question their obedience and loyalty to this doctrine, not at all, they're two-faced weak people . Dangerous !
    *A baffled Muslim from a Muslim country wondering what Islam is being talked about here*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeurmind)
    You were saying ?

Isn't it obvious this is photoshopped?

It would be pretty pathetic if it weren't. Muslims are slaughtered every day (by other Muslims) in bombings, why would they pander to Americans when Boston was mild in comparison?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Isn't it obvious this is photoshopped?

It would be pretty pathetic if it weren't. Muslims are slaughtered every day (by other Muslims) in bombings, why would they pander to Americans when Boston was mild in comparison?
    definitely not Photoshop
    http://principlepictures.com/blog/20...bul-with-love/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    I haven't seen a Christian or a jew express their condolences, does this mean they were responsible?
    unless you have EVIDENCE that Al-Qaeda or Another 'Muslim' Extremist group were responsible then fair enough, otherwise you can just stfu.
    JEWS could be responsible or Christians, No one knows yet so quit your BS!
    This is just a stupid knee jerk reaction, to say that you haven't seen a Christian or a Jew express their condolences is ludicrous, do YOU have any
    EVIDENCE, that all the people we saw at the scene and afterwards who were speaking to reporters and expressing their sorrow were there not some JEWS and CHRISTIANS among them given that it was in America .

ReputationRep:
    i don't know much about politics and stuff but weren't north Korea going to send missiles to the US, even though they don't have the capability to do so. usually when something like this happens Muslims are the ones that are blamed first. what my point is as north korea aren't able to target the US will bombings such as this carry on? the US has killed many Muslims & caused conservatoires in many other countries. it's not going to stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nm786)
    It looks like you didn't understand my post. My point was to make OP understand how ludicrous his post was because according to him he didn't see Muslims express their condolences and so believes Muslims were responsible.
    that wasnt the point i was making

the point i was making is that muslims often blow stuff up, so there was a possibility it was muslims

its just an extra point that muslims never offer their condolences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ophelia127)
    If a human falls prey to a disease you do not start blaming him or start hating on every single human for it. I am a Muslim who was born and raised in Pakistan and you know what? We are the biggest victims of the so-called Islamic terrorism which indeed is nothing but a disease infecting the beauty of an Islamic state. We suffer the most at the hands of this terrorism when our friends and family die each day, you don't. Your country had one blast, we have them everyday! And instead of consoling us for the mere sake of humanity you take the convenient option of detesting each one us just because our belief in God makes us fall under a tabooed religious title. There is much more to us Muslims than you wish to perceive. My family and practically all my social circle is Muslim majority and they are the most civilised and kind people one could ever know. Islam teaches us peace, love and respect. It tells us to be modest, generous and forgiving. If we hurt someone even with our words we have been told that there is no forgiving unless that person we hurt forgave us. Then how can Islam be the cause behind this terrorism? Please think logically before you form an opinion about such a huge propotion of the world population.
    I just pray to God five times a day because it gives me strength to keep on. I believe that He is there with me because it never lets me lose hope. I abstain from hurting others, lying or doing indecent deeds because I feel accountable to a higher power. This makes me "Muslim" but I am still just another person like you who lives in the 21st century and has normal human habits like you all do. I am doing A levels, I go to parties, watch tv, keep pets, travel..! Would you now call me a terrorist for living the way I do, just because I am a Muslim?
    Stop being a bloody victim, no I don't feel sorry for you unlike the example you gave of a sick man ( he dosn't choose to get sick ) you can choose what you support and if you support an Islamic state then you support everything that they do including the massacre of thousands of people because you do nothing about it ivnstead you stand up for it and make excuses, you want us to think of you as martyrs for putting up with it and feel sorry for you, pathetic ,you should feel for the West having to put up with your culture and religion its not what we want but because we believe that people should be able to choose what they want to follow without fear or hindrance , whilst you go about the west enjoying these freedoms and getting your A-levels going to
    party's (which would be looked down on and probably punished in Pakistan for women to behave like this) yet you do nothing to improve the lives of women who will never leave Pakistan to enjoy the west like you and still you question nothing. Moslems think their chosen doctrine is not to be questioned ,that makes a persons belief valueless in terms of integrity and wisdom. we have come to regret thinking that we could all integrate like civilised people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elsagatehouse)
    Stop being a bloody victim, no I don't feel sorry for you unlike the example you gave of a sick man ( he dosn't choose to get sick ) you can choose what you support and if you support an Islamic state then you support everything that they do including the massacre of thousands of people because you do nothing about it ivnstead you stand up for it and make excuses, you want us to think of you as martyrs for putting up with it and feel sorry for you, pathetic ,you should feel for the West having to put up with your culture and religion its not what we want but because we believe that people should be able to choose what they want to follow without fear or hindrance , whilst you go about the west enjoying these freedoms and getting your A-levels going to
    party's (which would be looked down on and probably punished in Pakistan for women to behave like this) yet you do nothing to improve the lives of women who will never leave Pakistan to enjoy the west like you and still you question nothing. Moslems think their chosen doctrine is not to be questioned ,that makes a persons belief valueless in terms of integrity and wisdom. we have come to regret thinking that we could all integrate like civilised people.
    First of all, there is no need to use such harsh language when I am talking to you politely. That said, as far as me being a victim of terrorism in my country is concerned, it is not my government that is planning these bombings etc. The culprits behind them are the terrorists who could be operating within our country but that does not mean they are the ones who run our state. I support freedom and equality, which is what my government allows us. The government tries to provide us with as much security as possible against these terrorist activities so them actually supporting such massacres is out of the question. You don't even know me so you cannot assume whether I do anything for the women of my country or not but the picture that you have of Pakistan in your mind is far from the truth. You think that there are just "burqa-clad" women supressed within the walls of their homes by their "terrorist" husbands who need my help to live a respectful life but truth is that our society is nowhere close to that. If you are not ready to listen to me because you believe you are created out of superior skin, you don't have the right to make assumptions about me either. Neither do I stand up for terrorism nor for any imhumane acts, or make excuses for whatever is going on here.
    And just to make it clear to you, I am doing my A levels while living in Pakistan and no one has the liberty to punish me for anything I do! There are thousands others like me in my school and there are hundreds of such schools here. You probably need to come down here and see for yourself what life is like but ofcourse, you are so content with the opinion you have already formed that you cannot take the pain of looking at things from another perspective. I have visited the West quite a lot of times and ommitting the drinking and dressing part, I hardly see any difference in the way I live here and you do in the West. I respect all faiths or even atheism because everyone can believe what convinces them and if you want to question my religion, go ahead. If there is logic behind your words I might actually agree with you too! I am sorry that the world is suffering as much as I am sorry that we have to suffer here. I feel for humanity in general not just a particular geographical location like the West or Pakistan. Everyone deserves freedom, and neither Islam, nor the West, or you and I, have the right to take it away from anyone!
    Peace out.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.