Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The opinions about universities are useless, no going to Imperial over Manchester will not help you get a gig in Investment banking, the fitness thread is jokes arguing about pointless ****, there is nothing interesting in the world anymore. What we need is a self improvement megathreads, i would join the technology society for example, where people could discuss programming. Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot more to TSR than discussions about Universities.

In fact, I don't think I have ever even opened a thread related to university in my time on the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    There is a lot more to TSR than discussions about Universities.

In fact, I don't think I have ever even opened a thread related to university in my time on the forum.
    all your posts are about motoring, tell me how to get in to that hobby if i have no money or a drivers license
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by htc one s)
    The opinions about universities are useless, no going to Imperial over Manchester will not help you get a gig in Investment banking, the fitness thread is jokes arguing about pointless ****, there is nothing interesting in the world anymore. What we need is a self improvement megathreads, i would join the technology society for example, where people could discuss programming. Discuss.
    You mean this one? We welcome new members to Tech Soc, moaning on the other hand is not welcome.

ReputationRep:
    all your posts are about motoring, tell me how to get in to that hobby if i have no money or a drivers license
    Well spotted!

Well I have been into cars for as long as I can remember, well before I had a drivers licence. I don't really know what the attraction is to be honest, I guess it is just a subject that I really enjoy.

If you have a slight interest in cars then I would probably start simple - do you watch Top Gear or anything like that? I watch that, and then I moved on towards the more "enthusiast" (read = nerd / geek) side of things. There are some great channels on YouTube, MotorTrend and Drive are the ones that spring to mind.

RoadKill is a great YouTube show, I thoroughly enjoy watching that.

If you find it is for you, then save up a bit of money and get yourself a car - and then it just goes from there. If you get into online forums you can gain all sorts of knowledge, give other people advice etc.

Failing that, have you considered learning an instrument? The Music section on here is pretty good at times.

These days there is an online community for just about anything, find your niche and go for it!

ReputationRep:
    You complain the world isn't interesting but then create a really banal and pointless thread.

Pot, kettle, black.

ReputationRep:
    this is ridiculous. If you dont like TSR why are you here?

Leave. Be gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    You complain the world isn't interesting but then create a really banal and pointless thread.

Pot, kettle, black.
    you calling me black?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the Tsar :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you calling me black?
    no im sure they're not it's a phrase..

ReputationRep:
    you calling me black?
    Yes, I said the word black, therefore I must be insinuating you are black. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahchan)
    no im sure they're not it's a phrase..
    do you live in london?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.