Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I was just wondering what Oxford's view was on deferred entry for all their English courses.

Could anyone please enlighten me?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I can't really claim to be an expert on this subject - I have an offer to read English for next year (non-deferred) - but I half-remember having a conversation with a student about this at the Open Day. I think they said you're more likely to get a deferred offer for an arts/humanities subject than a science, as you're less likely to forget the stuff in the gap year. Nevertheless I think the student said it was quite difficult, and as they usually ask you back for an interview at the end of your gap year (to ensure you're still as good as you were) you may as well just apply a year late. However, I might have mis-remembered the conversation. If you're really stuck contact the college admissions tutor, they'll probably be able to help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.