Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    However superficial and shallow it may seem, a lot of people on here use the rating system to identify how good looking someone is. For those of you who take the moral high ground on this issue; in a typical group of people the human brain will automatically/subconsciously rank them into ugly, average and good looking categories.
    Either way, I have seen too many threads in which people have thrown around the phrase 'oh he/she is a 10/10. Although this system is flawed in that it is highly subjective, IMO 9/10 is pretty much model status and a 10/10 is incredibly rare. Anyway, to get an idea of the scale of things, here is an example of someone who is generally considered to be a 10.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He's undoubtedly good looking, but his hair (at least in that video) looks ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD2112)
    However superficial and shallow it may seem, a lot of people on here use the rating system to identify how good looking someone is. For those of you who take the moral high ground on this issue; in a typical group of people the human brain will automatically/subconsciously rank them into ugly, average and good looking categories.
    Either way, I have seen too many threads in which people have thrown around the phrase 'oh he/she is a 10/10. Although this system is flawed in that it is highly subjective, IMO 9/10 is pretty much model status and a 10/10 is incredibly rare. Anyway, to get an idea of the scale of things, here is an example of someone who is generally considered to be a 10.

And this is a perfect example of why beauty is subjective. I don't really find him attractive.

ReputationRep:
    See, I'm a straight bloke, but I'd have thought proper manly men are more attractive than this pretty boy with his silly hair cut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    See, I'm a straight bloke, but I'd have thought proper manly men are more attractive than this pretty boy with his silly hair cut.
    Depends what age group you are. The manlier men usually appeal to the older women.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.