Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm currently at Coventry uni doing Automotive Engineering and have nearly finished my 2nd year. I've got a placement lined up for next year.

But I'm having a complete change of heart.

I'm considering switching to Music Tech and starting again. The engineering course i'm on now is miles too difficult for me and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not good at maths or physics and I feel I've learned very little over the 2 years.

I'm just wondering peoples opinions on changing courses at such a late stage, and is anyone doing Music Tech that want to comment on it?

Many many thanks

ReputationRep:
    My only concern would be the funding. I'm not sure if student finance would be able to support you through many more years of study. If you're funding yourself, that's fine, but I think they only give 4 years of funding out per person.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they wouldn't fund my first 2 years so I'd have to fund it myself

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone who currently studies music tech comment on it? Is the teaching any good? Is it mostly on a computer? What's the guy/girl ratio for it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.