Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am currently studying an Access to HE qualification which I paid for myself. I have currently decided not to take up the degree I was going to in September.

I have already applied for my Student Loan and been approved, but will cancel this soon.

My two options are to either try and do a foundation degree, or resit Access to HE next year to tailor it more appropriately to what I want to study.

If I was to apply for a 24+ Loan, does that count as a year of funding for when you progress to HE? And does the same apply for a foundation degree?

Many thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

Official TSR Representative
    Hi Ex,

If you take out a +24 loan for an access course then this won't count against you as previous study when applying for funding for your degree.

Hope this helps,
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.