The Student Room Group

Topping up Foundation Degree to full Hons degree

Hi,
I have studied 2 years at a college for my Foundation degree and will be finishing that in May this year. The college say if I wish to progress to third year at that college to get a full Hons degree then the fees will stay the same for what I have been paying for my Foundation Degree. This really interests me as if I leave now but wish to return in the future and top it up, the fee would be over £6000. However, previously I have attempted 2 other degree courses which were not right for me. I have now found the course that is right for me and would really like to continue but I don't know if I will get funding.
As I previously attempted 2 other courses which I had funding for, when I applied for finance to start the foundation degree I was told I would not get a grant that I would usually get, and I would not get a loan for my course fee. I received a maintenance loan only for that year. For the second year of my Foundation Degree I received a maintenance loan and grant, alongside a course fee loan. I don't know if I will be eligible for funding to top up my foundation degree to a full Hons degree. Any help please?
Thank you.
Hi Ab,

Without access to your account and the number of years of funding you've had I wouldn't be able to accurately answer this.

If you could speak with an adviser on 0845 300 5090 they will have a look into this for you.

Thanks!
Mark-Lee

Quick Reply