Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I have studied 2 years at a college for my Foundation degree and will be finishing that in May this year. The college say if I wish to progress to third year at that college to get a full Hons degree then the fees will stay the same for what I have been paying for my Foundation Degree. This really interests me as if I leave now but wish to return in the future and top it up, the fee would be over £6000. However, previously I have attempted 2 other degree courses which were not right for me. I have now found the course that is right for me and would really like to continue but I don't know if I will get funding.
    As I previously attempted 2 other courses which I had funding for, when I applied for finance to start the foundation degree I was told I would not get a grant that I would usually get, and I would not get a loan for my course fee. I received a maintenance loan only for that year. For the second year of my Foundation Degree I received a maintenance loan and grant, alongside a course fee loan. I don't know if I will be eligible for funding to top up my foundation degree to a full Hons degree. Any help please?
    Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Ab,

    Without access to your account and the number of years of funding you've had I wouldn't be able to accurately answer this.

    If you could speak with an adviser on 0845 300 5090 they will have a look into this for you.

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.