Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite Sportsmen/women? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    simple , who are your favourite sports people and why - can be anyone you like from a team you support of from the world of sport?

my favourites from Bolton(both present and past) are Kevin Davies , Anelka , Diouf , Okocha and Stelios and a few current ones are Stuart Holden and Mark Davies.

from other sports are Amir Khan , Usain Bolt and Bradley Wiggins.

ReputationRep:
    Jessica Ennis, great athlete (from Yorkshire=bonus points), seems like a genuine necie girl and is a real beauty as well!

LeBron James cos he's the Ultimate baller, but yet humble and passionate at the same time about the sport. Just seems to go out there and enjoy himself which makes him even more fun to watch.

Rajon Rondo from the NBA as well- he's a genius floor general, shame he's injured at the moment

Cristiano Ronaldo- many people hate him, but I think the man's an absolute beast on the pitch. He's calmed down a lot over recent years and isn't throwing his tantrums. Messi is still better, but I'll always prefer Ronaldo

ReputationRep:
    Name:  kevin-durant.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  345.7 KB

Mad respect for this guy, my favourite all-star

Name:  Sharapova-Ivanovic-021.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  56.9 KB

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Baltimore Ravens - Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs, Lardarius Webb
    All NFL - Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Richard Sherman, Tom Brady, Stevie Johnson, RG3, Aaron Rodgers

Other sports - Grant Holt, Iwan Roberts, Darren Huckerby, Kimi Raikkonen, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Vince Carter, LeBron James, Brian Lara, Mark Cavendish

I could literally go on forever naming favourite sports stars I think

ReputationRep:
    Urska Zolnir - A Slovenian Olympic judoka who won gold. I met her shortly after she won her medal and got her signature, which I'm dead chuffed about. She's quite shy, quiet and very reserved. We both shook hands too! Zolnir is one of my heroes.

Gemma Gibbons - A British Olympic judoka who won silver. She never gave up and carried on fighting even though she was being beaten by her last opponent. She is also one of my heroes.

Jessica Ennis - She seems like a really nice and decent person with a strong will to carry on.

ReputationRep:
    Luke Donald, Tony Hibbert, Tero Pitkamaki, and Phil Taylor.

ReputationRep:
    From my favourite sports team Charlton, it has to be: Clive Mendonca, Mark Kinsella, John Robinson and Dean Kiely. More recently, Chris Solly and Johnnie Jackson.

Others from around the world are: David Beckham, Maria Sharapova, CM Punk, John Cena and Colt Cabana (if they count), Mo, and Bradley Wiggins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulStDavis)
    From my favourite sports team Charlton, it has to be: Clive Mendonca, Mark Kinsella, John Robinson and Dean Kiely. More recently, Chris Solly and Johnnie Jackson.

Others from around the world are: David Beckham, Maria Sharapova, CM Punk, John Cena and Colt Cabana (if they count), Mo, and Bradley Wiggins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And Chuck Liddell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Andrés Iniesta - Hardly gets the recognition he deserves... And his ability to perform when it really matters.
    Jess Ennis - Really hard working and managed to cope with the massive amount of pressure at London 2012...
    Xavi - Let's face it, if you say Iniesta you have to say Xavi....
    Rafa Nadal

Others: Ronaldo, Messi, Mo Farah, Kelly Holmes, Usain Bolt, Tommy Haas...

ReputationRep:
    Scholes >>>

"When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once i was showing my skills to Scholes. After i finished it, Scholes took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I'm going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn't hit it, with that accuracy. He smiled and left." - Ronaldo

ReputationRep:
    Jessica Ennis, Cristiano Ronaldo, Usain Bolt, Tom Daley and Maria Sharapova.

ReputationRep:
    I think we live in an era where you all need to be fortunate and humble enough to admit we saw the likes Lionel Messi, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Michael Schumacher, Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Tiger Woods, and Roger Federer play live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Scholes >>>

"When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once i was showing my skills to Scholes. After i finished it, Scholes took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I'm going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn't hit it, with that accuracy. He smiled and left." - Ronaldo
    That story doesn't affect my opinion of Scholes but has encouraged me to like Ronaldo a bit more for his telling it.

ReputationRep:
    Football: Paul Scholes, Peter Schmeichel. I'm a United fan, so obvious really.
    Motorsports: Kimi Raikkonen, Jason Plato. Bad boys of motorsport - always good for some fun and both quality drivers.
    Other: Eve Muirhead, Ronnie O'Sullivan. Crazy crush for Eve. It's the way she shouts "Hard" repeatedly on the ice. Ronnie because it's Ronnie. How can you not love Ronnie?

ReputationRep:
    Shane Warne.

Michael Clarke.

Dimitar Berbatov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TayXx)
    Jessica Ennis, Cristiano Ronaldo, Usain Bolt, Tom Daley and Maria Sharapova.
    Oh, how could I forget about Usain Bolt.... He's awesome! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Brian Lara, Tsonga, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ryan Giggs and others.

ReputationRep:
    Duncan Ferguson, Bobbie Goulding and Rafael Nadal.

ReputationRep:
    Michael Schumacher, Kimi Raikkonen.

ReputationRep:
    god of cricketer

Sachin Tendulkar

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 25, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.