Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I got a C for H English would I still be allowed to take AH or would I need an A or B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n x)
    If I got a C for H English would I still be allowed to take AH or would I need an A or B?
    It depends on your school and their policy. It can also depend on yourself and if you were simply unlucky in the Higher exam. A friend of mine got a C at Higher and ended up with an A at Advanced Higher, but she did amazing in all her other Highers in S5, so we all just think that she got unlucky in the exam. There were no problems with her doing Advanced Higher as the same teacher had us for Higher and she knew that my friend deserved a better mark.

Personally, I would recommend a B or an A. Most importantly, however, I think that it depends on the teaching and the individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n x)
    At my school they allow you to do it even if you get a C, unlike most subjects english is quite flexible; one boy a while ago got a D he kinda tanked the close reading but did pretty well in the critical essays and because there is no close reading at AH he was able to do it - talk to your teacher, if not the priniciple head or pastrol care teachers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.