Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So just made a post if anyone wants to chat about revision / make predictions for scly3 June 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am a fast-track (AS/A2 in a year) student and am taking unit two education, this unit and crime for research paper. Naturally, this one is worrying me the most! Hopefully something like functionalism, social change and post-modernity will come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanToBeWild)
    I am a fast-track (AS/A2 in a year) student and am taking unit two education, this unit and crime for research paper. Naturally, this one is worrying me the most! Hopefully something like functionalism, social change and post-modernity will come up!
    Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys how are you revising for this and any idea whats more likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    can someone please explain to me what fundamentalism is all about

ReputationRep:
    Fundamentalism is the 'going back to basics' or doing religion 'by the book'.

It is usually associated with Extremists. So use Muslim extremists for example. BUT it isn't just Islam, The Christian Right are also fundamentalists, so they can also be used.

Fundamentalism arguably can be a product of Globalisation, and the view can be taken that it shows secularisation isn't happening. But a Sociologist who's name escapes me said that Fundamentalism is the 'dying blows' of the church.

My teacher thinks Secularisation or Postmodernism will be on the paper.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really weak on postmodernism. Any tips of knowledge for it would be helpful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.