Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really like this guy blah blah blah... but his driving completely turns me off and makes me worried and I don’t think I could deal being in a relationship with him.
    He’s 19 and he drives like he’s on an F1 track all the time. Racing up and out the street we live in, and skidding out. I don’t know if this is an act to impress me or what. But my neighbours all have small children all under 4 and am worried for them.

I’ve told him many many times that I think his driving really needs to change, but 2 years later, he still drives recklessly regardless of the numerous occasions I’ve spoke to him about this.

This really turns me off big time and I don’t want to be involved in a relationship like that. I would never want to get into his car and go places for the fear of my own safety. We’d have to remain home all the time (don’t live near public transport).
    He nearly crashed into me yesterday !! and im don't think id want him in my car as he would probs pressure me to speed and what not, typical teen behaviour. bearing in mind ive only just passed my test so not 100% confident yet anyway,

Thing is he’s really lovely person and I am completely falling for him – and he knows it. What should I do??

ReputationRep:
    Start considering what you're gonna say at his eulogy, after the fatal crash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyAndIKnowIt.)
    I really like this guy blah blah blah... but his driving completely turns me off and makes me worried and I don’t think I could deal being in a relationship with him.
    He’s 19 and he drives like he’s on an F1 track all the time. Racing up and out the street we live in, and skidding out. I don’t know if this is an act to impress me or what. But my neighbours all have small children all under 4 and am worried for them.

I’ve told him many many times that I think his driving really needs to change, but 2 years later, he still drives recklessly regardless of the numerous occasions I’ve spoke to him about this.

This really turns me off big time and I don’t want to be involved in a relationship like that. I would never want to get into his car and go places for the fear of my own safety. We’d have to remain home all the time (don’t live near public transport).
    He nearly crashed into me yesterday !! and im don't think id want him in my car as he would probs pressure me to speed and what not, typical teen behaviour. bearing in mind ive only just passed my test so not 100% confident yet anyway,

Thing is he’s really lovely person and I am completely falling for him – and he knows it. What should I do??
    I personally think....

1) you should not go out with him.
    2) if you are falling for him stop spending time with him for a while until you get over him/he changes his driving.

ReputationRep:
    But if you like everything else about him, why should one small matter mean that you don't try things with him! TSR are so quick to be like 'no don't go there'. Personally if thats the only thing that you don't like about him, go for it! And maybe when he has someone else in the car with him he'd drive differently?

ReputationRep:
    Give him a smack when your in the passenger seat and he starts speeding

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyAndIKnowIt.)

Tell him to stop driving like a **** or you won't get in the car with him. Then see his response, its probably the only thing you can keep doing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just don't get in the car with him

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a boy racer, so dump.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.