Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've received an offer to study at postgraduate level at the end of march.
    However, I've just read the 1st page and didn't notice the second one:mad:
    where they asked me to inform them about my decision before 20th of April.
    I've only noticed it today when I received it by post.
    So, I should have informed them by post by 20th of April. But, I won't manage to do it by post before 20th of April.

So, I'm wondering how it will affect or affected their decision, because I also applied for their scholarships. I emailed them just today when the results of the scholarships would be ready soon...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    If I may ask, which uni is it? Did you apply online? Many universities have online trackers which also give you the option to accept an offer online. Maybe you could also call up admissions and ask them if it's a firm deadline. Most are ok with you accepting after the deadline, but I would definitely call them and make sure. Another option would be to e-mail them your confirmation and tell them that you will send an official confirmation by post asap. And if all that won't work, there is always overnight express mail...

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I emailed them today that I would accept the offer and they said to me to post it with my signature.
    I'm simply afraid that I haven't answered to them up till now and they have already made scholarships decisions which will be available soon. So, I'm afraid that my silence somehow affected their scholarships' decisions.
    And I might be late with my reply.
    If only I have noticed the second page, but at that time I was excited that I've read only the 1st page.
    So, it means I waited in vain 3 weeks...When they waited for my reply.
    I will send them my confirmation by express mail, but still it won't be on time by 20th of April.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...ok, now I fully understand your predicament. I can't imagine that they did not consider you for scholarships because of that - as far as I know at most unis the admissions process is independent from the funding process, (maybe in part because a ot of people want to wait for funding decisions before they accept). But unfortunately I don't know if that's also true for your university. In the end you cannot really do anything else but wait :/ I know it sucks but beating yourself up about not seeing that second page won't help either.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully you'll get a positive decision!

ReputationRep:
    Ask them if you can scan a signed acceptance and email that to them.

ReputationRep:
    If you post your acceptance before the 20th, it won't matter that they did not receive it on the 20th. They'll see that it was posted before and will understand that it usually takes a few days for physical mail to reach its destination

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies! I really appreciate it. I'm still hopeful for positive results.

Do you know approximately after what time after the deadline for scholarships, they usually announce the results?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.