University cards Watch

sig.fig.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had to send in some passport photos with my reply to University College. Do you think they'll be the photos for my bod card and that they were just asking for them early?
I hope not, the photos sucked....
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nutter)
Got details as to which ones are, and which ones aren't?
I compiled a partial list at one point, but I'm afraid I very much doubt I still have it. If you're interested in St Peter's specifically (I have a hunch they are affiliated), easiest thing would be to email the JCR president or some other committee member. That's how I compiled my list in the first place.
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fredsmith365)
I'd be a little surprised if it was that little - Oxford is a fairly large university, with fairly decent block grants to the JCRs, so it would ordinarily be much higher than this (e.g. Warwick, Bristol etc which are only slightly larger are in the 10s of k, and Durham which is only slightly smaller is about 10k.

Of course, if Oxford manage to trick NUS into using the OUSU block grant (zero) instead of the sum of the JCRs (lots) then it might be that low - Durham's affiliation fee is only calculated from the central SU's block grant rather than the sum of the JCRs as well (not sure about Cambridge, who also affiliate centrally, off the top of my head I'm afraid)
I think there was a zero missing.

2000 * 30 = £60,000.

ouch!
Derek_The_Hamster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)

2000 * 30 = £60,000.

ouch!

There's a cap at 50k that the larger SUs had put in, which is a slight ameriolation.
pixikicks
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kalen)
8 pounds for a movie???!? That's insane! :eek:

edit: well, now that I think about it even the discounted ticket at the odeon here costs more than a regular ticket back home :rolleyes:

8 pounds? That's pretty cheap for Central London. I've easily payed around £12 when I've forgotten my student card.
Ardea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When you send your photos in in September, please staple them to the form at the bottom of the photo. They don't detatch the photos from the form and the staple is still visible, so two of my friends look as though alien mind probes are being inserted into their heads...
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fredsmith365)
There's a cap at 50k that the larger SUs had put in, which is a slight ameriolation.
even so... 50K! :eek: no wonder they don't all bother.
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ThePants999)
I compiled a partial list at one point, but I'm afraid I very much doubt I still have it. If you're interested in St Peter's specifically (I have a hunch they are affiliated), easiest thing would be to email the JCR president or some other committee member. That's how I compiled my list in the first place.
Right, thanks for that. I do recall reading somewhere that they're affiliated as well.
randomer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by F1 fanatic)

2000 * 30 = £60,000.

ouch!
There wasn't a zero missing, that was my point - they were nogotiating a Cambridge style central affilliation which would mean it was far far cheaper than the colleges joining individually.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by randomer)
There wasn't a zero missing, that was my point - they were nogotiating a Cambridge style central affilliation which would mean it was far far cheaper than the colleges joining individually.
really? If so that would be very good. I hope it goes ahead!
randomer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Me too - my JCR won't affiliate otherwise and they don't take bod cards as a student card for discounts when I go back "up north"!
buttons7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i wish they'd affiliate with NUS. i get so bored of trying to explain to bouncers/shop assistants/cinema people that as much as it looks like (and, indeed, is) a library card, it does also count as student ID...

and i hate the way that bod card photos stretch your face out and make it all long. *grumbles.*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads