The Student Room Group

AQA AS History - Unit 1M - USA 1890-1945- Tuesday 14th may 2013

Scroll to see replies

Okay i've wasted two hours on this.. Why was the league of nations regected by congress? 12mark
3 factors
Help who much be appreciated! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 161
Original post by historykatie
Okay i've wasted two hours on this.. Why was the league of nations regected by congress? 12mark
3 factors

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Irreconcilables
2) Congress were reflecting public opinion, who wanted a retreat to isolationism because of WW1
3) ??
Original post by historykatie
3 factors

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Xx4L3x
1) Irreconcilables
2) Congress were reflecting public opinion, who wanted a retreat to isolationism because of WW1
3) ??

Wilson disliked by conservatives as he was progressive? Made it difficult for him to go through with the League perhaps?

Also re: to Coolidge question "Xx4L3x": He did the following: continued prosperity (laissez faire), no scandals in his administration, Indian Immigration Act 1924 and immigration acts :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Wilson disliked by conservatives as he was progressive? Made it difficult for him to go through with the League perhaps?

Also re: to Coolidge question "Xx4L3x": He did the following: continued prosperity (laissez faire), no scandals in his administration, Indian Immigration Act 1924 and immigration acts :smile:

How did he help big business?
Original post by Xx4L3x
How did he help big business?

Laissez-faire. Let them get on with it without interfering because it had worked previously - we all know how that ended.
Reply 165
Laissez-faire. Let them get on with it without interfering because it had worked previously - we all know how that ended.

wow yh it wasn't great !!
Coolidge definitely won't come up.
Original post by chelseafan
Coolidge definitely won't come up.

How do you know that? :P
Anyone got anything on domestic policies?
Reply 169
2013-05-13 17.31.27.jpg
Reply 170
heeeey! i sat this paper last summer and a tip incase you haven't in your practise essays, make each paragraph/point link on from the previous? So it shows the inter-relationship between each factor....if you get me? haha you probably already know this but just incase :smile:
I feel so silly. I realized while watching a quiz show (a question came up) that there were TWO Roosevelt . oppes
What are the chances of 1920s prosperity coming up?
Original post by chelseafan
What are the chances of 1920s prosperity coming up?

It's come up a lot I think. The wall street crash hasn't as far as i know and the extent of prosperity hasn't :smile:
Original post by hannahma
heeeey! i sat this paper last summer and a tip incase you haven't in your practise essays, make each paragraph/point link on from the previous? So it shows the inter-relationship between each factor....if you get me? haha you probably already know this but just incase :smile:

Thanks for that :smile: Most people already know but I'm sure some don't :biggrin:
These topics are likely to come up as they haven't for a while/never:

KKK (Decline)
WWII
Progressive presidents
Populism (12 marker more than likely)
Wall Street Crash
Extent of the Boom
Possibly pearl Harbour
Thought of some possible questions:

Q1A. Explain why Wilson won the election of 1912.
Q1B. How successful was Wilson's foreign policy in the years 1914-1920?

Q2A. Explain why the KKK declined in the 1920s.
Q2B. How important was technology in shaping the 1920s?

Q3A. Explain why Japan attacked the USA in 1941.
Q2B. How important was World War II in stabilising the American economy in the years 1939-1945?

Forgive me if I am wrong, but would Q3A not be an extremely odd one? I cannot remember much of the syllabus ever focusing on the reasons for Japan's bombing of PH; anything on that topic usually focuses on USA's response. I know there was a little bit about the USA's restriction of oil trade, but other than that I would think it weird for that to come up.

KKK (Decline)
WWII
Progressive presidents
Wall Street Crash
Extent of the Boom
Possibly pearl Harbour

OH goodie I like all thoses!
Reply 178
Does anyone have any idea whats likely to come up for question 1 and 2? i'm really nervous!!!

KKK (Decline)
WWII
Progressive presidents
Wall Street Crash
Extent of the Boom
Possibly pearl Harbour

Thanks for the list. Have a sneaky feeling prohibition could come up despite the fact its been on so many.

Quick Reply

Latest