Boyfriend or the guy from work. Please help. Watch

Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There's no point in staying with your boyfriend if you're just going to cheat on him until your hol and then dump him. He might be pissed off about losing the money but not as pissed off as he would be to find you've been taking him for a ride for the last few months.
Finish it now and you'll feel much better.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wooooh woooh hang on have you and your boyfriend actually discussed whats going wrong and how you both feel, surely if your feeling trapped you need to tell him and what to do to change i am sure if he loves you he would listen, don't be so quick to throw in the towel just because your bored, i understand if hes actually stopping you go out, but you need to communicate and be honest. And stay off this other guy until you do actually decide what you want from your boyfriend.

It may be that your just not ready for a relationship yet, i mean do you know much about this other guy, he could easily be using you just to get you in bed.

You say your boyfriend is sweet but your bored with him, you need to really think what you really want.
Minstrel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So the guy at work, knowing you have a boyfriend, still made a move on you?
Makky_Legend
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by J4ME5)
2nd that
3rd that
Aimee050589
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
You're all being very judgemental.
Well I know what I'm going to do now, so it's my decision and if it all ****s up then that's my problem. And yeah, my boyfriend is sweet, some of the time. The other half of the time, he's having a go at me over trivial things, hitting me [ not like that, but it still hurts ]. And he will not let me go out, ever, anywhere, unless he's there to "supervise".
So I am going to keep going as I am, with the guy from work & the boyfriend untill I get back off holiday.
I sound like a *****, but I'm not. I'm just so fed up of the **** treatment I get off the boyfriend. Surely someone must understand that I need some sort of a release.
But it's my decision, and my relationship, and my life. And yes, I am cheating on my boyfriend, but he's done it to me twice and I've taken him back, foolish as I was.
Right, rant over.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cheating is not the answer though its not going to make your problems go away it will make things worse, dump both and find someone who properly cares.
Scarlett_Jewel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sounds like you need a release and if what you do have is a great thing with your boyfriend then you both need some time to realise that.

I may not go for the co-worker as an 'escape route' but possibly just take some time. The grass is certainly not always greener, remember.
Aimee050589
Thanks for not being as judgemental as other people, but I don't think I have a great thing going with my boyfriend anymore.
But I do think things are greener with the co-worker. You may think I'm being stupid and naive, but I disagree. I do think this guy genually cares about me.
So thanks for you advice guys!!
Luv luv Aimee.x
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well i don't see how i was being jugdemental i was just saying you need to figure out what you really want because you sounds confused i.e you said your boyfriend is sweet but keeps you prisoner, how much do you know about this co-worker is he single etc? is there no way you can work it out with your boyfriend then again if hes keeping you trapped then i suppose thats no way to have a relationship.

And again about the co-worker could the same happen, could you fall out love with him etc.
Aimee050589
I didn't say you were judgemental. You're advice helped. I do think that there is no way my relationship with the bf can carry on. But I'm not in love with the co-worker. We just like each other, and yes, he is single. I know that. lol
But I'm only young, who says I have to stay with one person now, and be with them forever. That surely isn't how things work is it?
Anyways, yes I am confused, a little, but it's all coming to make sense now. I want to finish with my bf but can't because of my holiday. And I want the co-worker, and he says he'll wiat till I come back to be together properly.
But if that doesn't work out, I'll still finish with the bf because that relationship has been over for a while. And I still will have enjoyed what I had with the co-worker.
End.
Angelharpist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A purely economical viewpoint:

Surely you have holiday insurance? You shouldn't really go away without it, and if you DO have it, then the cancellation cover should prevent you from losing the money.

If you've made up your mind that the relationship is 'dead' then don't string along your poor soon-to-be ex for any longer - contact the holiday insurance company and tell them that you need to cancel one of the tickets, having put the poor boy out of his misery.
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
Sounds like you still dont have the courage to confront your bf. If you say its dead, then tell him!
Dimez
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For all we know, their flame of 'love' may re-ignite whilst on holiday. If I were her, I wouldn't dump him just yet.
crazyhead
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is it an option to tell your boyfr that you still want to go on hol with him, but wanna cool things off a bit coz your feeling trapped or whatever, then send him to dumpsville when you get back?
Aimee050589
I've finished with my boyfriend. Last night. He reacted badly. VERY BADLY. But I know I've made the right decision. But does anyone have any advice on how to convince my bf to leave me alone & that he'll get over it because he's scaring me. He thinks he can't live without me and bla bla bla. And he won't leave me alone. HELP GUYS!
zain88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
be nice to him, it will take him time! dont expect him just to never call you or talk to you again just coz you dumped him. and obviously he had no idea it was going to end because you had your holiday booked and everything. just make it firm you aren;t getting back together and he will back off slowly himself.
Ras
Report 12 years ago
You've made your bed, now sleep in it. Your now ex boyfriend deserves a good deal better - best of luck to him in future ventures.
JadedHippy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aimee050589)
I've finished with my boyfriend. Last night. He reacted badly. VERY BADLY. But I know I've made the right decision. But does anyone have any advice on how to convince my bf to leave me alone & that he'll get over it because he's scaring me. He thinks he can't live without me and bla bla bla. And he won't leave me alone. HELP GUYS!
*hugs*

I'm afraid no matter what you do he will have very raw feelings for the next few days (understandably). If it really is bad, the only thing I could advise is moving out for a few days and limiting contact (eg don't tell him where you went) while he cools down. You did the right thing in the long run though.

Jaded
Aimee050589
It's all calmed down now. Me & the boyfriend are friends at the moment, and I'm happier than I've been in ages with my co-worker. Life is turnin out to be pretty damn ok. lol.
luv luv xxx
conservativebohemian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aimee050589)
You're all being very judgemental.
Well I know what I'm going to do now, so it's my decision and if it all ****s up then that's my problem. And yeah, my boyfriend is sweet, some of the time. The other half of the time, he's having a go at me over trivial things, hitting me [ not like that, but it still hurts ]. And he will not let me go out, ever, anywhere, unless he's there to "supervise".
So I am going to keep going as I am, with the guy from work & the boyfriend untill I get back off holiday.
I sound like a *****, but I'm not. I'm just so fed up of the **** treatment I get off the boyfriend. Surely someone must understand that I need some sort of a release.
But it's my decision, and my relationship, and my life. And yes, I am cheating on my boyfriend, but he's done it to me twice and I've taken him back, foolish as I was.
Right, rant over.
lol @ the last sentance.

Anyway I agree with you and I don't think you're a *****. The real q is, why have you been with him for so long in the first place?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed