The Student Room Group

Birthday paradox - Try this out

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WheresPebbles
What do you like and dislike then?

Only a year difference! So tell me, what is it like being 18? i take it you've just finished A-levels...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends, because I like a lot of things and dislike only a few things (such as bad grammar)

Yeah! that's freaky! would be even freakier if it was exactly a year difference to the minute/hour! Being 18 is not all it's hyped up to be, I don't go out partying like everyone else does (yet) and I've been under pressure to do well in exams - still learning to drive though. I've got one A level exam left which is on Tuesday but then afterwards I'll be free! :biggrin:
Original post by MalteseMalteser
Depends, because I like a lot of things and dislike only a few things (such as bad grammar)

Yeah! that's freaky! would be even freakier if it was exactly a year difference to the minute/hour! Being 18 is not all it's hyped up to be, I don't go out partying like everyone else does (yet) and I've been under pressure to do well in exams - still learning to drive though. I've got one A level exam left which is on Tuesday but then afterwards I'll be free! :biggrin:

All my friends are learning to drive but I think I would be the worst driver. I'm way too clumsy to be a safe driver! I'm not particularly excited for my 18th (even though our birthdays are only 4 months away) and my friends can't believe I'm not celebrating, especially as I'm the oldest from my group.

Born at 6:14pm by the way. Do we match? :smile:

Good luck on the exams! Are you off to uni in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WheresPebbles
All my friends are learning to drive but I think I would be the worst driver. I'm way too clumsy to be a safe driver! I'm not particularly excited for my 18th (even though our birthdays are only 4 months away) and my friends can't believe I'm not celebrating, especially as I'm the oldest from my group.

Born at 6:14pm by the way. Do we match? :smile:

Good luck on the exams! Are you off to uni in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like to think I'm a fairly safe driver - it's all about the confidence and the practice really. I do like to celebrate, but I can't think of any obvious ways to celebrate other than 'pub/club'.

I believe I was 10:30 but can't remember if it was am or pm :tongue: so unfortunately we do not match :smile:

Haha thank you! Yeah I'm hopefully going to Lancaster and, if not, I'm hopefully going to Kent as I put it as my insurance choice :smile:

PM me if you'd like to talk more - don't want to derail this thread or the other one as I've been in trouble for derailing threads before :tongue:
Original post by brittanna
15th January

ASDASGFAHFH 15th January too I like cake too m'kay
Original post by SaFa1237
So I take it results day was on your birthday? :wink:

Haha yes it was! Not a very good one:sadnod:
Reply 965
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Really! You like being 17? :redface: I hated it! Spent the whole year wishing I was 18 but this was probably because at our leavers dance/prom, there was a lot of people who'd already turned 18 and could buy alcohol at the bar, unlike the rest of us :p: Tbh I much prefered being 19. Being 18 wasn't as good as I thought (but that was only we didn't go out much as some of my friends were still 17 so we didn't want to leave them out. :smile: Haha just because i'm bordering on 20, doesn't stop most people assuming i'm still a child. :/ The "joys" of being small...

Yeah, love being 17! But I don't drink anyway so I don't really feel the difference, whereas you did. The only time that I ever felt the difference was when all my friends started learning to drive, and they seemed so much more grown up than me because I was still 16.
Having said that, I can't really talk, because I haven't been 18, so maybe I'll enjoy that more. :biggrin:
Original post by paradoxicalme
Birthday buddies! :biggrin: :biggrin: What year are you guys? I'm 1997.

You are one day older than me.
D:

Original post by SwitchingOne
8th december

same here
Original post by BooAlphie
Yeah, love being 17! But I don't drink anyway so I don't really feel the difference, whereas you did. The only time that I ever felt the difference was when all my friends started learning to drive, and they seemed so much more grown up than me because I was still 16.
Having said that, I can't really talk, because I haven't been 18, so maybe I'll enjoy that more. :biggrin:

Tbh I didn't really drink before I was 18, but it was the idea that others could order from a bar, whereas I couldn't. I've still to even start driving lessons :p: When I was 16, I really wanted to learn to drive as soon I turned 17, but 3 years down the line i've not got round to it yet.
Reply 969
Original post by notchip
I was born on 28th February and people always say to me 'oooh, you're lucky you weren't born a day later...' and I'm like, 'what's wrong with the 1st of March?'.

Omg sameeee!
Reply 970
Nobody born on 17th February yet :frown:
Original post by newcastle123
20th september

Same :smile:
Reply 972
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Tbh I didn't really drink before I was 18, but it was the idea that others could order from a bar, whereas I couldn't. I've still to even start driving lessons :p: When I was 16, I really wanted to learn to drive as soon I turned 17, but 3 years down the line i've not got round to it yet.

Yeah, I always said I would start this summer as soon as I turned 18, but to be honest, I'm too busy and can't really be bothered. It's really weird how my friends drive to pick me up though!
Original post by Cll_ws
19th January

Wadup.
Original post by battycatlady
November 10th

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
finally-seriously i have been going through them like crazy!!!!

10th NOVEMBER TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 975
Original post by RabbitCFH
Wadup.

:five:
Reply 976
20th May peoples ?
Reply 977
Original post by katherine96
Yes! This is exciting :smile: what year?

1996! What about you? :smile:

EDIT: ahah just looked at your username, guessing your 1996 as well! woo :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 978
Original post by Sem193
1st December. After 33 pages there's still no one who shares my birthday. There was a close one with 2nd December. Interesting.

Mine is the 1st December lol three years later
Original post by cognito_08
Still waiting for my pair ... :P

October 3

ME hello birthday friend

Quick Reply

Latest