Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often should you text the same friend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At what point does 'being matey' become 'being clingy'?

The dynamic I have is that my mate is very popular, whereas I am a bit of a loner. We get on alright, I guess, and have things in common, but he is always busy with his other mates, and I don't like meeting new people, so meeting up with them is not going to happen, often, if at all.

So am I being clingy if I text him every few weeks for a pint, or something?

Should I be texting in between, making random convo, too?

ReputationRep:
    Not at all - that seems fine

Nothing wrong with texting for random conversation either, you are reading too much into this! So long as you aren't texting him every half hour and saying things like "please respond" you will be fine.

I text me mates for random conversation all the time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    Not at all - that seems fine

Nothing wrong with texting for random conversation either, you are reading too much into this! So long as you aren't texting him every half hour and saying things like "please respond" you will be fine.

I text me mates for random conversation all the time!
    Yeah, that's what I thought. But I get the impression this person doesn't really place as high up his priority list as I do with him. Plus this is a 'new' friend, and we are still getting to know one another (no homo :cool: ).

I guess there could be a chance we are not really proper mates anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Yeah, that's what I thought. But I get the impression this person doesn't really place as high up his priority list as I do with him. Plus this is a 'new' friend, and we are still getting to know one another (no homo :cool: ).

I guess there could be a chance we are not really proper mates anyway.
    Fair enough, a text every now and then about meeting up for a pint is a good way to get to know each other (no homo :cool: ), that is what I do with new folk!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.