Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive confirmed MMU as my firm choice, starting in september 2013. The only halls i can afford is Cavendish but sharing with 16 people is too much, so i looked at private.
    I was looking into MCR students- Manchester student village because its cheap. But i dont know if i should trust it, being an private halls. Anyone had experience with them? Im not bothered about it being not that nice ect, because i cant afford s****y places, but if they mess you around with money, rough location, ect.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! I'm going to MMU in September (2013) to do textiles in practise Staying in Cavendish Place with Unite which is a private hall. Really nice and good value. Sharing with 4-5 people. I'm the only first year there at the moment so hope more first years will start booking to live there soon. Its in such a good area as well.. 3 minute walk max to the uni, and its surrounded by other halls. Right near Cambridge Halls, Victoria Hall and Oxford Court. I've been told theres also wardens who walk around the village at night which is really good!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.