OMG!OMG!OMG!- Forgot I had S1 tomorrow... Watch

chazzinio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I can't beleive it. For some reason I had it in my head that it was on friday, but looked at my timetable today and saw it was tomorrow. Either way I havent done nearly enough revision ( about an hours worth). Can you give me some tips for cramming or pointers for what is likely to come up. Im really in the **** here. Im predicted an A aswell! ****

cheers guys
lucasharrison
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
normal distribution - Z=X-mean/standard deviation

discrete random variables

box plots

regression and correlation
chemistryman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i thought s1 was thursday are you edexcel??
Anujkhamar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
aqa have it in about 15 hours

my only tip is to do past papers, and quick, open book first time, then closed next few times. good luck mate
chazzinio
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Im on OCR
jclaw
Report 12 years ago
try to get at least one set of model test paper, or past year paper done, within time. it should help.
chemistryman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ahh well good luck
chemistryman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
www.freewebs.com/theexampapers
chemistryman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
for those doing s1 edexcel email him on [email protected]
MuteMarble
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm on AQA.... I'm not looking forward to it. Stats is not my strong point!

You need to know the Least Squares regression line equation and how to work it out

covarience of xy / varience of x = gradient of regression line

pmcc = covarience of xy/ (sdy x sdx)

and the probability stuff of course (shiver!)
Ywiss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
First of all, just relax. I know that's hard to do, but if you're predicted an A, then you must have been working hard throughout the year. That means you've automatically got a head start over people who've bummed their way through. You'll be surprised at how much you remember of it. And remember they give you most of the formulae in the exam, so you don't need to worry about that. Look up on the board's website exactly which ones they give you.

You're lucky in that Maths is more a skills-based subject, rather than a learn-y subject - you could feasibly go in having done nothing and still have a reasonable chance of being able to answer the questions. As other people have suggested, do some practice papers, and go through any bits in detail that you found hard in the year.

Then BED. I can't stress that enough. I've found that Maths is one of the most difficult subjects to do when you're tired - your brain just turns to liquid goo when you look at the questions if you haven't had enough sleep. I know it's hard when you feel you haven't done enough, but there's a fine line to tread between doing revision and doing your head in. I seriously recommend that you go to bed. Quite soon, actually. If your exam's in the afternoon, then you could go on a bit longer, but if it's in the morning, really, just go to sleep.

Have faith in your brain!
x
bband
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by chazzinio)
I can't beleive it. For some reason I had it in my head that it was on friday, but looked at my timetable today and saw it was tomorrow. Either way I havent done nearly enough revision ( about an hours worth). Can you give me some tips for cramming or pointers for what is likely to come up. Im really in the **** here. Im predicted an A aswell! ****

cheers guys
I am so sorry to hear that.
How did your exam go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (45)
37.82%
No - but I will (4)
3.36%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (65)
54.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise