Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ill but maxed out my uni deadline extension. What now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been ill for about ten days now. Went to the doctors they just said it was flu and told me to rest. I felt better yesterday, and this morning. My typical flu symptoms have gone, but this afternoon I got an awful stomach ache was vomited several times. Got a bucket next to me now as I feel it's not over yet.

I got a doctors note for an extension of two essay deadlines I have coming up. They say there is a max extension of a week. However not only did the flu last longer than I thought, but now I seem to have a stomach bug! Both have left me bedbound. I'm really worried about my essays because I can't complete them in this state, but can't get anymore extension time.

Surely others must have been in this situation? What do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I've been ill for about ten days now. Went to the doctors they just said it was flu and told me to rest. I felt better yesterday, and this morning. My typical flu symptoms have gone, but this afternoon I got an awful stomach ache was vomited several times. Got a bucket next to me now as I feel it's not over yet.

I got a doctors note for an extension of two essay deadlines I have coming up. They say there is a max extension of a week. However not only did the flu last longer than I thought, but now I seem to have a stomach bug! Both have left me bedbound. I'm really worried about my essays because I can't complete them in this state, but can't get anymore extension time.

Surely others must have been in this situation? What do you do?
    If you're well enough to type; you're well enough to do your essays.

That's not me being an ass. I know it isn't your fault, but sometimes you've got to man up and just do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)

That's not me being an ass. I know it isn't your fault, but sometimes you've got to man up and just do it.
    This, do your essays and stop wasting valuable extension time on TSR complaining about how you cannot do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)

Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    Given that I sat my finals having been unwell for the previous two weeks, and with a temperature, I have NO sympathy. Sit down, and get on with your work.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is so sympathetic to this kind of thing....:rolleyes:

Phone the uni, see what they say but if there's nothing to be done you'll just have to try do it. Many students (including myself) complete an essay the night before and are finishing it to the very minute the deadlines due. When are they due? If it's next week then you'll be fine. Though I understand it's more upsetting for you if it's your second/final year. You want to do your best obviously to make sure all the tuition fees and hours spent were worth it. I think people on this thread are being stupid, it's gutting to have worked for something for so long and then have it ****ed up by illness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)

Phone the uni, see what they say but if there's nothing to be done you'll just have to try do it. Many students (including myself) complete an essay the night before and are finishing it to the very minute the deadlines due. When are they due? If it's next week then you'll be fine. Though I understand it's more upsetting for you if it's your second/final year. You want to do your best obviously to make sure all the tuition fees and hours spent were worth it. I think people on this thread are being stupid, it's gutting to have worked for something for so long and then have it ****ed up by illness.
    Even more reason to work harder.

ReputationRep:
    You can still lie in bed with a laptop and type, right? They may not be the best essays you write, but it's better than failing them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)

Surely it's better to attempt it and get a grade:rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.