Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there really someone out there for everyone?

I feel upset thinking I will not find anyone and end up getting an arranged marriage... I am 18. Seriously this is not a troll or anything.

ReputationRep:
    you'll properly find someone just need to wait don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is there really someone out there for everyone?

I feel upset thinking I will not find anyone and end up getting an arranged marriage... I am 18. Seriously this is not a troll or anything.
    Is there evidence to support this statement (as in, do you say that because you have asked/liked alot of girls/guys out and gotten shot down/ignored...)?

Either way, I'm not sure I believe that there is someone out there for everyone, but I think that everyone has the potential to find someone who is "perfect" for them. You just have to keep your head up and not get bogged down in it too much And at 18, I think it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say that, I mean I'm 18 too and I've not had what I would call a relationship yet.

If it's advice on meeting someone, then look at your interests/potential interests, and join groups which are related to them, if you like a sport, join a sport society/sports club, you and your potential someone will already have that in common and you just take it from there. Don't expect instant success though, good people often get shot down, just look at Ted Mosby, it's been 8 damn seasons and we still don't know who his wife is!

Aw.

Of course.

Why not?

Even if you had an arranged marriage, who's to say it won't be love?

BUT SERIOUSLY, IT'S NOT A PROBLEM RIGHT NOW, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU'RE FREAKING OUT, FOR GOODNESS SAKE. DUDE THE ONLY THINK YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT IS YOUR EXAMS AND CRAP, WHY ARE YOU BEING SO SOPPY AND BORING, CHIN UP, HEAD DOWN AND WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COMPETITION, CAUSE IT'S A TOUGH WORLD OUT THERE.

GROW SUM NUTTTZZZ.

(Original post by Anythingoo1)
    Is there evidence to support this statement (as in, do you say that because you have asked/liked alot of girls/guys out and gotten shot down/ignored...)?

Either way, I'm not sure I believe that there is someone out there for everyone, but I think that everyone has the potential to find someone who is "perfect" for them. You just have to keep your head up and not get bogged down in it too much And at 18, I think it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to say that, I mean I'm 18 too and I've not had what I would call a relationship yet.

If it's advice on meeting someone, then look at your interests/potential interests, and join groups which are related to them, if you like a sport, join a sport society/sports club, you and your potential someone will already have that in common and you just take it from there. Don't expect instant success though, good people often get shot down, just look at Ted Mosby, it's been 8 damn seasons and we still don't know who his wife is!
    I say that because I don't and never have had any friends who are girls... also I get kind of shy around girls It's kind of sad I know.

Yeah that is some good advice.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Aw.

Of course.

Why not?

Even if you had an arranged marriage, who's to say it won't be love?

BUT SERIOUSLY, IT'S NOT A PROBLEM RIGHT NOW, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU'RE FREAKING OUT, FOR GOODNESS SAKE. DUDE THE ONLY THINK YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT IS YOUR EXAMS AND CRAP, WHY ARE YOU BEING SO SOPPY AND BORING, CHIN UP, HEAD DOWN AND WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COMPETITION, CAUSE IT'S A TOUGH WORLD OUT THERE.

GROW SUM NUTTTZZZ

Damn you are right I guess I need to man up.

ReputationRep:
    I am 17 and I have never dated anyone before because I want to concentrate on my education (no I am not "fugly") and make sure that I guy I am with, is the right person. There is no rush honestly.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.