Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can someone please explain to me, what percentage of people lives were ruined by her as opposed to those who were thankful for either being able to become a home owner/being able to set up a business/living in a country that was economically more viable? or is it that the haters hate her for bringing capitalism to Britain? do some people really think that today's capitalism in Britain is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    can someone please explain to me, what percentage of people lives were ruined by her as opposed to those who were thankful for either being able to become a home owner/being able to set up a business/living in a country that was economically more viable? or is it that the haters hate her for bringing capitalism to Britain? do some people really think that today's capitalism in Britain is wrong?
    I'd say Thatcher is so hated because she was so successful.

As some would say if you've got haters you're doing something right.

After all Bieber wouldn't have so many haters if he wasn't so famous!

ReputationRep:
    Well... You can't please everyone. Of course there's going to be haters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    I'd say Thatcher is so hated because she was so successful.

As some would say if you've got haters you're doing something right.

After all Bieber wouldn't have so many haters if he wasn't so famous!
    Ignorance. This is politics, not pop music. Anyone who knows anything about politics and is capable of political discussion is aware that there are valid reasons for why she was hated. It's so childish to think that there aren't possibly any legit reasons for disliking her. If you want to understand why, read some ****ing books on politics to get an understanding of the left's arguments and basic points. Then see Thatcher through the eyes of those political perspectives.

Meanwhile, the rest of us who are even mildly politically aware (love her or hate her) will continue understanding that she was (within reason) highly controversial.

Also, this whole thing of calling anyone who disagrees with something a 'hater' in order to reduce their argument to just anger for no reason is wrong. This is politics, people disagree, accept it.

ReputationRep:
    An awful lot of Thatcher-haters weren't even alive when she was in power. Probably just the new hipster trend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Ignorance. This is politics, not pop music. Anyone who knows anything about politics and is capable of political discussion is aware that there are valid reasons for why she was hated. It's so childish to think that there aren't possibly any legit reasons for disliking her. If you want to understand why, read some ****ing books on politics to get an understanding of the left's arguments and basic points. Then see Thatcher through the eyes of those political perspectives.

Meanwhile, the rest of us who are even mildly politically aware (love her or hate her) will continue understanding that she was (within reason) highly controversial.

Also, this whole thing of calling anyone who disagrees with something a 'hater' in order to reduce their argument to just anger for no reason is wrong. This is politics, people disagree, accept it.

Calm down,dear.

I was referring in particular to people who celebrated her death.

I'm not ignorant, my dear. You are the one who assumed that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Well... You can't please everyone. Of course there's going to be haters.
    Sophia clearly doesn't understand

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree that capitalism is a pretty crap system, any system that puts money before the people is...

ReputationRep:
    The media (especially the BBC) has distorted the public's view of Lady Thatcher, most people actually have a favourable view of her.

ReputationRep:
    Well according to the Yougov poll last week:

20% thought she was great
    26% thought she was good
    10% thought she was average
    9% thought she was poor
    26% thought she was terrible.

So about 26% of people hate her. Oddly only 42% of people thought she was good for the country an 40% thought she was bad...

ReputationRep:
    All you Thatcher lovers knock me sick, thatcher was a vile human being covering up the Hillsborough disaster, 96 innocent lives went to watch there football team and never returned home and thatcher and the UK government covered it up, swept it under the carpet but now the lies and corruption is out they can rest in peace now Thatcher is 6 feet under. Only southern englanders liked thatcher but what she did to the north of England, rise of unemployment, basically left us all in poverty I'm glad she's dead the wicked old witch.

JFT96 YNWA!<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    Of course it is. Are you blind? I'm Swedish and walking down the streets of UK I see extreme poverty, inequality and exploitation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nobody12)
    All you Thatcher lovers knock me sick, thatcher was a vile human being covering up the Hillsborough disaster, 96 innocent lives went to watch there football team and never returned home and thatcher and the UK government covered it up, swept it under the carpet but now the lies and corruption is out they can rest in peace now Thatcher is 6 feet under. Only southern englanders liked thatcher but what she did to the north of England, rise of unemployment, basically left us all in poverty I'm glad she's dead the wicked old witch.

JFT96 YNWA!<3
    Yep. Thatcher is solely to blame for the Hillsborough disaster. Stupid bin dipping Liverpool mug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackf1337)
    Yep. Thatcher is solely to blame for the Hillsborough disaster. Stupid bin dipping Liverpool mug.
    Stupid southern dope being strung along by the Zionist government who controls you you big muppet.

ReputationRep:
    Thatcher was not radical enough and a wet.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid southern dope being strung along by the Zionist government who controls you you big muppet.
    Since when was I a southerner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackf1337)
    Since when was I a southerner?
    Like a care anyway? You probably wasn't even alive when Thatcher was in power now go away you boring child.

ReputationRep:
    Like a care anyway? You probably wasn't even alive when Thatcher was in power now go away you boring child.
    I don't see how that's relevant. Were you?

I don't see how I'm a muppet of our 'zionist' government either. I merely stated it is ridiculous to blame her for that event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    The media (especially the BBC) has distorted the public's view of Lady Thatcher, most people actually have a favourable view of her.
    I would also add that a great number of people on here wouldn't know the economic circumstances in which she came to power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hostile*****)
    Of course it is. Are you blind? I'm Swedish and walking down the streets of UK I see extreme poverty, inequality and exploitation.
    Extreme poverty? You mean homeless people? They exist, because of capitalism? So, homeless people don't exist, without capitalism? And inequality? How is that possible to avoid, without communism? Perhaps you should consider a return to Sweden, if it's so bad here.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.