Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does the student loan/bursary application also include sibling's income? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does the student loan/bursary application also include sibling's income?

It only mentions Partner and Parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bridgeta222)

Not as far as I know but I would phone to double check. A girl on my course is living with her sister and brother in-law and there income is still not to be put into the student loan application as they are not her guardians.

I hope this helps but once again though phone to double check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DizzySweets)
    Not as far as I know but I would phone to double check. A girl on my course is living with her sister and brother in-law and there income is still not to be put into the student loan application as they are not her guardians.

I hope this helps but once again though phone to double check.

Thanks for sharing what you know
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Hi Bridgeta,

For assessing household income, Student Finance do not take into account siblings income.

They look at your parents income only. If your parents are separated they assess the household income of where you spend the majority of your time. So this will be one of your parents and also their partner if they have one.

Hope this helps!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thank you very much University of Sheffield.
    No worries Bridgeta, always happy to help.

Best of luck with your course (and Student Finance application!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The University of Sheffield)
    Hi Bridgeta,

For assessing household income, Student Finance do not take into account siblings income.

They look at your parents income only. If your parents are separated they assess the household income of where you spend the majority of your time. So this will be one of your parents and also their partner if they have one.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you very much University of Sheffield.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.