Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey TSR
    I have had an offer for Cardiff Medical School but also Leeds too.
    My initial gut feeling was to go to Cardiff because I like the look of the course, city and the newly built Cochrane building etc

However I was looking at the league tables and Cardiff comes consistently significantly lower, especially in student satisfaction!

Should I be worried about this? Cardiff is having a completely new course in the 2013 academic year (C21 course) which means this could all change, but I don't know whether to take the risk.

is there any current cardiff medical students that could shed a light on their opinions of the medical school?
    also what are the advantages and disadvantages of Leeds medical school?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same thing last year, and I came across this wonderful post that changed my mind:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...f#post29024938

From personal experience, I can say that I haven't been dissatisfied since coming to Cardiff. I'm only in first year, so I don't have as much experience to look back on, but friends in third/fourth/fifth year have always said that they were happy they chose Cardiff. I'm not saying the medical school is perfect by any means, but I can't say there's anything I find I am particularly dissatisfied with of the medical school or its course either.
    I've found that if you do have any sort of problem, the feedback is brilliant. If you're not satisfied with certain aspects of the course, there are panel reps who will bring up the topic with the lecturers, who are normally quite open minded and willing to listen to suggestions for improvement. Everyone is willing to help you out, and I was quite surprised at how friendly everyone was here.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou ! Have you any thoughts on the new C21 course? Also what do you think about the placements all over Wales (that's the only other thing I am a bit apprehensive about)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.