Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does any know where and how to create mobile phone apps? I urgently need to create one.

ReputationRep:
    Which operating system? iOS, Android...? If you're starting from scratch, it's not going to be a quick process.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what operating system you want to develop for, if its iOS you will want to download Xcode

ReputationRep:
    its for Android
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by firmfrank)
    its for Android
    http://developer.android.com/trainin...app/index.html

Googling it will get you so much help, there are a million guides.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Does any know where and how to create mobile phone apps? I urgently need to create one.
    How urgently? It's not a trivial thing to do, it will take time and practice to learn whatever programming language (probably Java on Android, but I'm not massively familiar with this), and if you're not a programmer, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to program at all. (There's good evidence to suggest that some people just aren't wired to be able to program.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    How urgently? It's not a trivial thing to do, it will take time and practice to learn whatever programming language (probably Java on Android, but I'm not massively familiar with this), and if you're not a programmer, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to program at all. (There's good evidence to suggest that some people just aren't wired to be able to program.)
    Sounds a little tedious. I have never programmed anything. Do you reckon a programmer would be able to create one in a short space of time?

I am currently downloading Android SDX, do you know anything about it?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Sounds a little tedious. I have never programmed anything. Do you reckon a programmer would be able to create one in a short space of time?

I assume you mean the Android SDK - essentially it is a package that contains everything you need to build an app for Android, although you'll probably also need to install the Java development kit. An experienced programmer would be able to create one in a short space of time, but their services don't come cheap. I guarantee it'll take you at least a week to learn how to program in Java, and then a further week to learn to use the Android SDK, and that's probably being absurdly optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    I assume you mean the Android SDK - essentially it is a package that contains everything you need to build an app for Android, although you'll probably also need to install the Java development kit. An experienced programmer would be able to create one in a short space of time, but their services don't come cheap. I guarantee it'll take you at least a week to learn how to program in Java, and then a further week to learn to use the Android SDK, and that's probably being absurdly optimistic.
    I'll look for a programmer right away.

ReputationRep:
    I'll look for a programmer right away.
    I'm a Java programmer, so I can make android apps.

ReputationRep:

If you're really pressed for time and have any previous coding experience (however small), you could use Basic4Android. It's an easy to use language that resembles Visual Basic, and a good starting point if you don't have time to learn Java.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    I'm a Java programmer, so I can make android apps.
    Brilliant! Perhaps we could discuss the app. Will you be willing to do so?

ReputationRep:
    Im also developing my own android app - I use Java to program the main part and it uses an XML front end. (Creating buttons etc is easy)

Use the Eclipse IDE and the emulator for easy development

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! Perhaps we could discuss the app. Will you be willing to do so?
    Pm'ed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.