Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As you may have gathered, I'm trying to decide between three (Warwick, Bristol and Manchester) unis for a Maths and Philosophy degree and I only have until the 8th of May! :eek: I've visited all of them twice, spoken to students etc. but am still no closer to make a decision and I hoped that the fine people of TSR might be able to give me some advice and opinions! In terms of my thinking so far, here's what I'm deciding on:

Warwick (Offer A*A with STEP) - Great course (4 years!), great uni, but it's on a campus, with the nearest city being Coventry (no offence to anyone from Coventry), and I don't want to miss out on the "classic" uni experience social and the social side to things.

Bristol (Offer AA) - Again, pretty great 4 year course (although its philosophy side doesn't include many topics that interest me in much depth) and a well-respected uni, and although I love the city, the uni itself felt a bit tired, and not exactly "up-and-coming".

Manchester (Offer BB) - LOVE the city (the music scene is fantastic and an aspect that particularly interests me), and the vibe of the uni, but it's only a 3 year course, and the uni isn't as good as the other two and I wouldn't want to regret not attending a better uni.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate anything you have to say. Needless to say, I am getting VERY worried/stressed about deciding on what I do with the next (at least) three years of my life etc. :confused:

Thanks again!

EDIT: The offers are only 2 grades because I already have my A* in Maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.