Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good Music for Revision?

ReputationRep:
    I always find Birdy or Ellie Goulding to be quite relaxing, doesn't distract you too much if you're revising as well.

ReputationRep:
    Songs with no lyrics in perhaps? Just soothing music. I CANNOT for the life of me revise with music. I get too easily distracted, flicking through songs and stuff

ReputationRep:
    The hospitality podcast, any mixes/songs by liquicity or mrsuicidesheep etc, check them all out, youtube 'em. Relaxing, not distracting, beautiful and motivating.

Liquid DnB in general I find the easiest to revise to, that or Harry Potter audio-books!

ReputationRep:
    The Weeknd.

So chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyb123)
    Harry Potter audio-books!
    Is it just me who finds Stephen Fry's voice to be really relaxing and really, really good for the books??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    Is it just me who finds Stephen Fry's voice to be really relaxing and really, really good for the books??
    YES. Although I always end up listening to the book rather than doing any revision.

His ability to do all the characters is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceS94)
    Good Music for Revision?
    I really like to listen to instrumental stuff lile Explosions in the Sky or maybe some piano music like James Rhodes' but it depends on your music taste really..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Classical Piano:
    I like this one Einaudi ludovico - nuvole bianche

ReputationRep:
    I find songs that I've been listening to for quite a long time and know the lyrics to the best. They are not as distracting.

ReputationRep:
    I'd also suggest something with not many lyrics or developed lyrics such as rap songs. I cannot for the life of me revise to songs I know the words too. Too distracting!

ReputationRep:
    Vivaldi - The Storm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaichung)
    Classical Piano:
    I like this one Einaudi ludovico - nuvole bianche
    Haha I listen to this too when studying along with others xD

ReputationRep:
    Massive Attack - Teardrop

I often plumb for a bit of Handel or Bach. Having a fad on Bach's cello suites (played by Kirschbaum) at the moment:

ReputationRep:
    Bon Iver - Holocene (Kyson remix)
    Bondax - Wet summer
    Atu - Can do it
    Mike din - losing you ( ryan hemsworth bootleg)
    Deliah - Inside my love (redlight reimx)
    Destiny's child - say my name ( Cyril Hahn remix)
    Bidy - Shelter ( Essay's tearful edit ) Enjoy, I have much more if you want.<span style="font-family: impact">

ReputationRep:
    I find Pink floyd is good for revising, a few good songs might be Time, Comfortably numb, Brain damage, Eclipse, Take it back and keep talking. That or just finding a youtube vid of a whole album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    No I agree too, he is great, trouble is I know them so well now I can practically finish his sentences! Makes for good listening material when revising though, because I don't need to concentrate on it at all.

ReputationRep:
    urm, apparently baroque is best -

ReputationRep:
    Classical. Usually Chopin.

I really can't listen to modern, high-tempo music or music with words when I'm revising.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.