Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I doing the right thing to achieve what I want? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thanks in advance for all the help , My main aim is to get rid of the belly and get a flat one or possibly abs. I'm in A-levels right now so I can't go everyday but anyway, here's my current workout plan:

Wednesday - Shoulders and Legs

Friday - Chest and Triceps

Sunday - Back, Biceps and Forearm

Since going to gym, I eat the following foods a part from he regular lunch and dinner:

2 Raw egg whites mixed with maximuscle promax protein shake with water (2 scoops of promax) only after gym

Every morning porridge with honey and some chopped almonds

Banana at least one a day (this was only recently started)

Chicken every 2 - 3 days or some other meat which is usually turkey

ReputationRep:
    Do full body workouts, no split bull****. Look up either babylovers SS or Jasondb 5x5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why the neg?, I'm just asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownError)
    Do full body workouts, no split bull****. Look up either babylovers SS or Jasondb 5x5

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I my food stuff Okay?, Whats wrong with splitting up the workout?, It prevent major injury doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't just randomly neg without having something to say.

ReputationRep:
    Try to add more milk, and pasta, lots of pasta.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    Try to add more milk, and pasta, lots of pasta.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, so how does pasta help? because I heard of milk but not pasta being good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    Thanks, so how does pasta help? because I heard of milk but not pasta being good
    Depending on what build you want to achieve.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on what build you want to achieve.
    So is it good for weight loss as well as gaining muscle?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks in advance for all the help , My main aim is to get rid of the belly and get a flat one or possibly abs. I'm in A-levels right now so I can't go everyday but anyway, here's my current workout plan:

Wednesday - Shoulders and Legs

Friday - Chest and Triceps

Sunday - Back, Biceps and Forearm

Since going to gym, I eat the following foods a part from he regular lunch and dinner:

2 Raw egg whites mixed with maximuscle promax protein shake with water (2 scoops of promax) only after gym

Every morning porridge with honey and some chopped almonds

Banana at least one a day (this was only recently started)

Chicken every 2 - 3 days or some other meat which is usually turkey
    The ONLY WAY you're going to lose that belly is to count your calories. Google your maintenance calories and cycle them so you're about 10% over that on a workout day and about -25% under on a rest day. The weight will definitely come off in time. If you want to see a six pack once the fat has gone throw in a little ab routine after you workouts for like 3-5mins and it will certainly make a difference.

Your workout looks okay, aim for about 4-5 exercises per day with about 3 sets per exercise and for each set use a weight that lets you lift to failure on the first set of the exercise for about 8-12 reps.

ReputationRep:
    try this workout seriously helped me a lot and has helped millions of others

http://stronglifts.com/

ReputationRep:
    So is it good for weight loss as well as gaining muscle?
    Yes, it is, just don't go overboard on pasta.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is, just don't go overboard on pasta.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yum... Pasta pasta pasta!, haha joking

ReputationRep:
    Tats the closest person to give you decent advice, find out your maintenance calories and then get yourself on a slight calorific deficit. If your skinny fat and want to get abs I wouldn't cut cause you'll just look skinny with abs, which isn't impressive. Id personally hit maintenance calories, you'll add mass while decreasing Bf due to newb gains.

Stick to 3/4 a week full body routines for the best results as a beginner. You can include Ab sessions 2/3 a week but they'll never show without low bf.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.