Fri 19 April 2013
    Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
    Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 20 April 2013
    Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
    Qualifying 14:00

Sun 21 April 2013
    Race 15:00

Anything could happen in this race which will be hot at least.

ReputationRep:
    True, should be a good race.

Those the local times though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hopefully Mercedes can sort their race pace out, Hamilton is so good in qualifying, sucks to see him going backwards in the race!

be good if McLaren can move forward a bit more as well, Button was great in Malaysia.

safe bet is on an Alonso or Raikkonen win though, that or Vettel if Red Bull are much stronger than they were last race.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    True, should be a good race.

Those the local times though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Opps I believe they are local times, although I think it starts at the standard 1pm UK time for the race.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Opps I believe they are local times, although I think it starts at the standard 1pm UK time for the race.
    At least they're not the Canadian times. That would be even worse.

Grab the UK times and throw them in the OP if you want to be useful though.

I think it will be Alonso V Kimi based on current form but Red Bull/Merc could also be up there and Mclaren may be less terrible than recently...

Also, Kovaleinen is back in the Caterham in FP1 to try and help with their new big upgrade package.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to make this on Monday. But my PC was taking 10 minutes just to load the page so I gave up. At this rate we will have a new person do it every race!

I think it will be Lotus vs Ferrari, with Mercedes and Red Bull there for a while before the heat kills their tyres.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    At least they're not the Canadian times. That would be even worse.

Grab the UK times and throw them in the OP if you want to be useful though.

I think it will be Alonso V Kimi based on current form but Red Bull/Merc could also be up there and Mclaren may be less terrible than recently...

Also, Kovaleinen is back in the Caterham in FP1 to try and help with their new big upgrade package.
    I won't be able to watch this one lol I could have been cruel and put Pacific times up :p: it's on at like 5am here, I can certainly see like a four way battle for the lead, Alonso, Kimi, Webber and Hamilton the main contenders. Good to see Kovaleinen back.

ReputationRep:
    DRS zones for this race

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Merc can improve their race pace. They seem to be alright on the medium tyres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Hopefully Merc can improve their race pace. They seem to be alright on the medium tyres.
    hopefully yeah, can definitely see another Hamilton pole here so that's their main issue right now (race pace), so glad they ditched the softs for this race, they were a piss take in Malaysia.

ReputationRep:
    Local times:

Practice 1: Fri 08:00
    Practice 2: Fri 12:00
    Practice 3: Sat 09:00

Qualifying: Sat 12:00

Race: Sun 13:00

So glad they're not returning to the 2010 layout

ReputationRep:
    The 2010 layout was horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    The Bahrain grand prix should be boycotted because of the human rights violation that are happening there. The people are protesting against the government and are being oppressed. Its not shown in the news but its happening. Peaceful protesters are being killed, children have died due to tear gas suffocation. The government are going to crack down further ahead of the grand prix. Saudi Arabia and Dubai are helping them oppress the people.

ReputationRep:
    This is the least of my favourite tracks. Anyone else feel the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sufistic;42278965]This is the least of my favourite tracks. Anyone else feel the same?

I agree it just doesn't do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FATchristopher)
    Its not shown in the news but its happening.
    Is that why you speak of boycotting just the Bahrain GP, and not the Chinese GP, Abu Dhabi GP, Indian GP, Brazil BP? News flash, human rights violations taking place in all of those places as we speak.

It's not being shown in the news, but it's happening.

Bahrain is the 'trendy' topic at the moment so hypocrites are screaming about boycotting the race and yet are fine with it going ahead in the other places. O' such double standards :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    This is the least of my favourite tracks. Anyone else feel the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree.

Other tracks like India and Valencia just happen to have produced boring races in the past, but because they've not been around long people tend to form their opinions based on a small sample of races - they're not actually bad tracks.

Bahrain on the other hand is a bad track that just happens to have produced a couple of decent races, similar to Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Agree.

Other tracks like India and Valencia just happen to have produced boring races in the past, but because they've not been around long people tend to form their opinions based on a small sample of races - they're not actually bad tracks.

Bahrain on the other hand is a bad track that just happens to have produced a couple of decent races, similar to Barcelona.
    Valencia and Abu Dhabi last year were epic though, probably in the top 3 most entertaining races of the season for most people.

Bahrain always has been boring, it's a shame because they had all the money in the world to make any track layout they want and they went with something as bland as that.

ReputationRep:
    One of the best chicanes in F1 was the final turns at Istanbul Park. You always got drivers diving up the inside, taking a wider line to get a better slipstream for the pit straight. There was always action. To have an exciting race, you need exciting corners and Istanbul Park got it right.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.