Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drunkenly felt up my friend - do i tell my boyfriend? Watch

We were on the sofa, both very drunk, this was last week, she started calling me gorgeous and we spent ages hugging and massaging each other. Then we both lay on the sofa and we started like running our hands along eacvh other. I ran it over he bra and in between her legs. She tried to kiss me but then I totally sobered up and told her we really should stop.

It's weird cause I don't even find her attractive and I don't fancy her, I am definitely not a lesbian. I was just going along with it and I was drunk.

Now I am confused - did I cheat?? I definitely don't want to do it again with my friend and I just don't know why I should tell my bf when it's gonna make him think I like her when I know I really don't?!

Please keep anon as bf is on here.

She also has a bf too. But she seems to think it was finue and nothing for us to worry about telling our bfs. I don't know, I feel weird not telling him, but at the same time I know how he will take it if I tell him......he will either think I am a lesbian or assume I cheated on him...that there was an emotional or physical connection.....which there def was neither....urgh I am confsed

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you cheated, therefore I wouldn't really make a point of it. He'll react badly cause you make a point of it.

You sound bi-curious though. He may be happy if you say you wanna try that kinda thing...

(Original post by Donald Duck)
    I don't think you cheated, therefore I wouldn't really make a point of it. He'll react badly cause you make a point of it.

You sound bi-curious though. He may be happy if you say you wanna try that kinda thing...
    That is what I was thinking. I know in my head it meant nothing. Yet he won't ever believe me.

I don't think he will he is very possesive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We were on the sofa, both very drunk, this was last week, she started calling me gorgeous and we spent ages hugging and massaging each other. Then we both lay on the sofa and we started like running our hands along eacvh other. I ran it over he bra and in between her legs. She tried to kiss me but then I totally sobered up and told her we really should stop.

It's weird cause I don't even find her attractive and I don't fancy her, I am definitely not a lesbian. I was just going along with it and I was drunk.

Now I am confused - did I cheat?? I definitely don't want to do it again with my friend and I just don't know why I should tell my bf when it's gonna make him think I like her when I know I really don't?!

Please keep anon as bf is on here.
    You are probably bisexual on occasion.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't normally advocate this, but I don't think you should tell him. There's no feelings in it, you didn't kiss or anything. Maybe don't tell him.

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to your friend about it? Who else knows? If your friend knows that it won't happen again and she agrees not to tell your boyfriend or anyone else, and no one knows that might tell him, then not telling him might be OK.

If you feel like someone who knows might tell your boyfriend, then I'm sure he would rather you were honest with him than finding out from someone else

ReputationRep:
    If it was a guy I dont think there would be any discussion.

Just tell him and suggest the possability of a 3some down the road and im sure he will forget all about it haha.

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me your boyfriend wouldn't mind hearing this particular story.

ReputationRep:
    If your bf wants to smother you and won't ever believe you, he's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    There's a clear double standard but there's a good chance he won't mind at all. Exactly the same story and another guy though, and this would be a massive deal, probably considered cheating. So why should it be any different with two girls? It shouldn't be, yet it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She also has a bf too. But she seems to think it was finue and nothing for us to worry about telling our bfs. I don't know, I feel weird not telling him, but at the same time I know how he will take it if I tell him......he will either think I am a lesbian or assume I cheated on him...that there was an emotional or physical connection.....which there def was neither....urgh I am confsed
    What about a foursome? You and your boyfriend, her and her boyfriend. Hot times :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Hm, odd.

If she was a male friend, it sounds like you definitely would not have done it. I feel very affectionate in a non-sexual way to my female friends when I am drunk especially. It seems like because she is female your guard was down and you allowed yourself to behave overly, inappropriately, affectionately - but then you did realise what was actually happening and stopped it.

How good is the communication between you and your boyfriend, how well does he know you? I believe you and it seems like others here do too, so surely if you explain then he will understand - although he will still be uncomfortable and it will take some time and care for it to be overcome. That doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be, I think everyone has done things which were wrong/upset their partner in some way. They should really be discussed, understood and moved on from to be in a healthy respectful relationship (I feel). If you don't tell him, you will know that there is something uncomfortable which you are keeping from him and the guilt could subconsciously alter the way you are around him damaging your relationship.

It's a tough one...

I've actually just got back from hanging out sharing a drink with my closest female friends who I haven't seen in a long time, I was feeling -really- affectionate (although I only gave brief friendly hello/goodbye hugs). So I'm in the best position to imagine currently... If it was me, right now, with my partner: I am 100% certain I would tell him and explain to him as fully as I could what happened, what my theories are on why and how I felt/feel about it. Then he could tell me how he feels about it, what he thinks, and I could reassure and sympathise with him. For us and where we're at, total honesty is best and easiest. I can see how it might not be for everyone though.

Your call, doesn't seem to be clear cut.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe get your friend drunk again, and see how it feels to do things to her sober or her true feelings? I would try again to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    No need to tell, nothing much happened.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.