Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite quotes of all time? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My favorite quote of all time has to be

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.”

― J.K. Rowling

ReputationRep:
    "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run, I feel his pleasure."
    Eric Liddell

ReputationRep:
    Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -- unknown

ReputationRep:
    "Why did you neg me" - Pogo Hopz

ReputationRep:
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

'The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.' Mark Twain.

ReputationRep:
    "I am a bell-end" - Wilfred Little

ReputationRep:
    "Imagination will often take us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore speaking.

ReputationRep:
    "I came here to drink milk and kick ass... and I've just drunk my milk"
    Moss from the IT Crowd
    brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    How could I forget the Bee Movie-
    "According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. It's wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway, because bees don't care what humans think is impossible."

ReputationRep:
    How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelette?”
    George Carlin

ReputationRep:
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense." -Buddha

I'm told this is a paraphrase rather than a direct quote, but regardless of who said it, it's a powerful reminder not to blindly follow superstition and tradition without subjecting them to the filters of reason and common sense.

ReputationRep:
    'Every Prime Minster need a Willie.'

Mrs Thatcher, talking about her Deputy PM, Willie Whitelaw.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.