Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, for a laugh one of my mates decided it would be hilarious to straighten my hair at a house party which was getting pretty boring. I agreed, as you do. He, nor I, had any idea what we were doing and I'm pretty sure he's damaged my hair where my fringe starts and has sort of given me a cow lick with the dead hair, (I assumed he left the straighteners on a certain part of the hair for too long) well that's the best way I can describe it anyway!

Any ideas of remedies/solutions for this without having to cut my hair off? It's not much hair, but if I had to cut it off it would end up having short hair to even it all out again which I don't really want!

ReputationRep:
    You need a deep conditioner/conditioner for heat damaged hair!

Assuming you have neither, ask a female friend or relative if she does and ask if you can borrow it (will be an 'interesting' conversation but hey ho!).

Failing that, you could get this http://www.superdrug.com/nice-n-easy...ml/invt/318132

I know it says that it's for coloured hair but it's an intense, repairing conditioner but only 99p cause there's not much in it (but plenty enough for what you need!). It comes in the box when I dye my hair but you obviously can get them separately too Look in boots or superdrug in the hair dye section

EDIT: OR this is probably even better. http://www.superdrug.com/aussie-3-mi...286088&bklist=
    I love aussie products, it should sort it out :3

ReputationRep:
    TBH it sounds like its been damaged beyond repaid if you can't get it to go back to where it should be. Hair grows, cut it off and start again. Your mate can pick up the bill.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.