Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so i've just been looking through the recent accommodation thread and it looks as if most people are saying that Pooley/ Beaumont are the best, but I still have a couple questions..

1) What's the security like at night on campus? As in, if i was to go out in the centre of london for the night and return at like 3/4am, could I still get into the campus or is there a lockup time/ curfew kind of thing?

2) Is there a policy on having people to stay? If my girlfriend was also living in London, or I wanted a mate from school to come visit, is there any kind of rule to say that I can't have guests or visitors?

3) Lastly, what's your favourite house on campus?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

1) 24 hour security patrols, 24 hour security lodge. Blanket CCTV coverage on campus. There is no curfew, you can come and go as you please.

2) Buried away in the regulations, there are some specific rules about the number of people you are allowed to have stay with you in a certain time period - but I wouldn't worry about that. Basically, if you have someone to stay over every so often, for a few days, it won't cause a problem. The rule is just there to stop people moving someone in with them, so don't do that and you'll be fine!

3) I'll let a QM student answer this one!

thanks,

James

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, that from going to flat parties in Pooley House, that where I am currently staying, which is Feilden House, is much nicer. Feilden House has bigger kitchens, and the accommodation is generally nicer with carpet and painted walls. The building is only about 6 years old whereas Pooley is a much older building. Pooley have slightly larger rooms, but rooms in Feilden are nearly as big, and we still have ensuites, desks etc... I think we even get more wardrobe space!

Can't comment on Beaumont I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    Party wise, Pooley is the place to be, but they aren't the top end flats.

Unless the application procedure has changed from last year, you only select the TYPE of accommodation you prefer (price wise, it goes deluxe ensuite, ensuite, shared bathroom if I remember correctly) and they just place you in a halls.

They are all really nice, some closer to certain things which is handy.

I'm in Lynden, it's a tiny house with 4 flats, but it's really good because all of us are really good friends and there isn't normally any problems. Plus you go to all the other flats for parties so your's never gets ruined!

From what I've seen no building is bad, I just like this one because it's quiet for when you don't want wild nights (which coming up to exams is most!)

ReputationRep:
    How do you book accommodation im so stuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W00p)
    How do you book accommodation im so stuck
    You won't be given a link until after the deadline for UCAS submissions for your firm and insurance (I THINK).

It should come in the e-mail you have used for UCAS, but until the end of may I wouldn't worry if you haven't got it, after this just doublecheck on the Residences site that you can find through the main QM webpage qmul.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rlh1994)
    You won't be given a link until after the deadline for UCAS submissions for your firm and insurance (I THINK).

It should come in the e-mail you have used for UCAS, but until the end of may I wouldn't worry if you haven't got it, after this just doublecheck on the Residences site that you can find through the main QM webpage qmul.ac.uk
    i got the link come through a couple of days after i put Queen Mary as my firm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.