Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in my 2nd year at university (coming to the end of 2nd year that is) and I'm undergoing the recruitment process for Warfare Officer. I was declared TMU in Jan of this year and I've been working to correct the issue, which is now sorted. The question I have is the timing for the rest of the process. I'm wanting to time it so that I go to my AIB and if I manage to pass it, I can make the most of the year it is valid for. Ideally I'd want a Feb AIB date so if I passed it, I'd be eligible for entry into BRNC for the Sept, Nov 2014 and Feb 2015 intakes, is this the best way to go about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpoon)
    I'm currently in my 2nd year at university (coming to the end of 2nd year that is) and I'm undergoing the recruitment process for Warfare Officer. I was declared TMU in Jan of this year and I've been working to correct the issue, which is now sorted. The question I have is the timing for the rest of the process. I'm wanting to time it so that I go to my AIB and if I manage to pass it, I can make the most of the year it is valid for. Ideally I'd want a Feb AIB date so if I passed it, I'd be eligible for entry into BRNC for the Sept, Nov 2014 and Feb 2015 intakes, is this the best way to go about it?
    Not sure how the Navy works but on a form provided by the AFCO (for RAF) it asks for dates you're unable to attend which meant I got dates that suited my job. Maybe the navy does the same? For RAF it was called '036f-AFCO-F103[2]' hope that helps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=teasin_tina;42381587]Not sure how the Navy works but on a form provided by the AFCO (for RAF) it asks for dates you're unable to attend which meant I got dates that suited my job. Maybe the navy does the same? For RAF it was called '036f-AFCO-F103[2]' hope that helps?

When did you apply and how long we're you able to stall iot?
    I am also at Uni and wondering when I should be making plans to go to OASC so that I would be called up after I have completed exams for final year!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Laurren21;42578147]
    (Original post by teasin_tina)

When did you apply and how long we're you able to stall iot?
    I am also at Uni and wondering when I should be making plans to go to OASC so that I would be called up after I have completed exams for final year!
    I haven't stalled IOT, I've stalled OASC. I applied in January/February and have been able to stall 2 months but only because of my current job which would've made it impossible to attend before then which is rare and lucky.

Have you started the process? You don't normally get to 'choose' OASC dates as the recruitment timescales are so tight you could miss out on a place if you wait too long. The form asking for dates you can't attend normally means if you've failed before therefore can't apply for one year etc.

I would suggest you proceed as normal and if worst case happens and they give you a date during exams, you can request a change in date but I would only recommend this in extreme circumstances. If you are serious about a post in the RAF, most things should be second best to selection. (Can appreciate final term uni exams are pretty important though!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.