Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hello

I'd like to start going to the gym, but I have no idea really which places are both good and affordable. I was thinking of the The Gym - does anyone have any experiences of this one?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Are you at uni? Most have their own gyms which I imagine are cheaper than others. I think leisure centres should be quite cheap too.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ayesha1234)
    Are you at uni? Most have their own gyms which I imagine are cheaper than others. I think leisure centres should be quite cheap too.
    I'm basically planning on going to a gym near home for a bit for the holidays as my university gym only offers yearly memberships, which I'm going to get when I go back for the next academic year. My local leisure centre is unfortunately really expensive at £40 per month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    I'm basically planning on going to a gym near home for a bit for the holidays as my university gym only offers yearly memberships, which I'm going to get when I go back for the next academic year. My local leisure centre is unfortunately really expensive at £40 per month
    Aw. Well can you go without it for a few months? The weather's getting better, maybe you can go running or something? Hopefully someone will suggest something better
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does anyone else have any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have any other ideas?
    What do you want out of a gym?

(facility / equipment -wise)

e.g. classes, pool, freeweights, resistance machines, cardio machines, etc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Marc908)
    What do you want out of a gym?

(facility / equipment -wise)

e.g. classes, pool, freeweights, resistance machines, cardio machines, etc.
    Cardio and resistance machines with free weights is all I think I'll need to begin with really The basics will do for now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah "the gym" is good and cheap and of high quality 20 a mnth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Cardio and resistance machines with free weights is all I think I'll need to begin with really The basics will do for now.
    Google "no frill gyms". They are usually really cheap and just focus on the basics :yep:

ReputationRep:
    From the above, I'd say 'The Gym' is a safe bet.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.