Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For the past 5 years of my life, i have liked the same guy. In year 1, we used to chat and stuff on fb, i didn't really know if i liked him like that he was just fun to talk to and what not.

He wasn't popular with girls then, i felt like we had a connection, as cheesy as it sounds, because we both understood each other and we could have those private jokes that no one else got and he made me laugh like no one else. Then we went through a stage where we stopped talking and he used to banter with me but it was more mean and he used to say i was fat and tease me about things.

Then middle of year 2 i had found out that he had actually liked my friend, i already had a bit of an inferiority complex when it came to her but after that i sort of looked elsewhere lol but that was quite upsetting. Although i never told anyone.

Then in year 3 i found out that he had liked me in year 1 but in year 3 we had a massive fall out and stopped talking completely. and Now its, year 5 and for the past 2 years he has been leading me on and smacking me back down. He got a girlfriend a couple of months ago, which really upset me, because he acts like he likes me more than a friend, like he'll tell me I'm beautiful and smart and funny and then when people upset me or he sees me crying he gets really angry and protective of me. He always seems to want to talk to me in lessons, like he purposely turns around to talk with me and trys to touch me, Out of all of our mutual friends, if he has a problem and they try to advice him he'll get annoyed but he tells me it's allright for me to advice him and he listens to me and is fine, he treats me all special but then he goes at gets a girlfriend? Is he even interested or just leading me on?

Every time i see him or i just even hear his name i get all excited, i realised that this has been happening for the past 5 years, even when we fell out, and it doesn't happen for other guys and if he's upset it makes me upset that i almost cry, the problem is i'm just so sick of it but i can't get out of it or i don't know how to. I just want to be free, Do you think he is interested or what? If not then how can i move on

ReputationRep:
    If he's so relaxed around you, try talking about his girlfriend such as asking how they met etc, and see how he reacts. If he seems reluctant to talk about it then its possible that he's not happy with her and is just trying to lead you on, but then tht would be awfully harsh of him to the other girl, so think of her before taking any big actions!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you need to grow some female balls and just tell him plane and simple you like him. Waiting for time to go by HOPING someone or something will happen almost never works. Carpe Diem and all...

You sound quite young? If I'm completely wrong then I take that back but it sounds like you've got a really strong attachment to this one guy which isn't proportional to how much intimacy you have.

(Original post by MehMachine)
    It sounds like you need to grow some female balls and just tell him plane and simple you like him. Waiting for time to go by HOPING someone or something will happen almost never works. Carpe Diem and all...

You sound quite young? If I'm completely wrong then I take that back but it sounds like you've got a really strong attachment to this one guy which isn't proportional to how much intimacy you have.
    yes im 16, but yes I think your exactly right, that my attraction is I proportionate how do I help this? I don't have the guts to tell him, that would awkward and ruin everything as he has a girlfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.