Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22145144

Israel has just stated that it will not conduct a criminal investigation into the bombing of a house in Gaza this time last year that left 12 civilians dead. They have labeled the deaths "regrettable".

In case the images aren't visible, here is the link:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel-2012.php

Name:  boycott-card.jan2012.front.640.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  76.6 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  72.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Do you even know of any Israelu products people buy on a regular basis?

Anyway, it doesn't really seem like a war crime took place. More an unfortunate accident. But don't let that stop you frothing at the mouth with your anti-Israel sentiment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Do you even know of any Israelu products people buy on a regular basis?

Anyway, it doesn't really seem like a war crime took place. More an unfortunate accident. But don't let that stop you frothing at the mouth with your anti-Israel sentiment.
    A war crime did not take place? I'd like to see someone bomb your house, killing your entire family and then labelling the incident "regrettable". Accident or not, I'm sure there would be a criminal investigation if it happened to your family, no? or are those Palestinians less human than you?

I just provided two massive images containing Israeli products that people buy on a regular basis. Did you even read my post?

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0906079)
    A war crime did not take place? I'd like to see someone bomb your house, killing your entire family and then labelling the incident "regrettable". Accident or not, I'm sure there would be a criminal investigation if it happened to your family, no? or are those Palestinians less human than you?

I just provided two massive images containing Israeli products that people buy on a regular basis. Did you even read my post?
    We can't see the images, repost them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    no
    Ok thanks for stopping by.

ReputationRep:

That's a bit mean, why would wish death on my family? Bit unkind really

Anyway, it was just that, a regrettable accident. Obviously it's emotive, but it took place in the context of a conflict, and they were attempting to hit a legitimate target. Whether it's a failure of intelligence or professional failure by the soldiers, I don't think it constitutes a war crime. That would be the intentional targetting of civilians.

I wondered what those were meant to be, either your links are broken or my pc just doesn't want to load them, let me fire up Chroma and have a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriftworks)
    We can't see the images, repost them
    Can you see them now?

ReputationRep:
    Can you see them now?
    Nope, try inserting an image using the 'insert and image' option just above the textbox when you are making a new message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thriftworks)
    Nope, try inserting an image using the 'insert and image' option just above the textbox when you are making a new message
    That's what I just did after typing the code manually. Can you at least see the links?

ReputationRep:

Israel has just stated that it will not conduct a criminal investigation into the bombing of a house in Gaza this time last year that left 12 civilians dead. They have labeled the deaths "regrettable".

In case the images aren't visible, here are the links:

- http://1.2.3.10/bmi/www.inminds.co.u....front.640.jpg

- http://1.2.3.12/bmi/www.inminds.co.u...2.back.640.jpg

Links don't work either bro, you're derp'ing hard right now.

Edit, now they're working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Links don't work either bro, you're derp'ing hard right now.
    They're working for me?

ReputationRep:
    Links working fine for me.

I have been boycotting products from the illegal state (aka Israel) for years. For me, it's not about religion it's about peace. While Israel continues to break UN/International law they will not be receiving any of my money.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure companies like Coca-Cola and Intel are quaking in their boots in the face of your protest :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    "What is the Boycott Israel card and how can I get one?

The Boycott Israel card is a handy sized card listing the companies that give support to apartheid Israel. The card is designed to be carried in your wallet or purse so that when you are out shopping you know what products to avoid."

This is actually the funniest **** I've read today. Seriously, is this a troll? With such a poorly made website to boot.

ReputationRep:
    A few trendy students jumping on this bandwagon and giving up their daily can of Coca-Cola isn't going to cripple the Israeli economy.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to order some Israeli stuff this morning. Mazel Tov.

ReputationRep:

In case the images aren't visible, here is the link:

http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel-2012.php

Name:  boycott-card.jan2012.front.640.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  76.6 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  72.4 KB

ive been doing that since 2006...people keep telling me that it's no use to do that,not getting money from me wouldnt bring them down,,,but yeah,i did my part and i just cant stop :cool:

ReputationRep:

Will Hamas be commencing an investigation into the terrorists who fire rockets at Israeli cities?

Have you any evidence that this was a deliberate and calculated act rather than unfortunate collateral damage?

Is there any reason, at all, that Israel should institute such an investigation, considering that we're talking about soldiers in combat operations, who are customarily exempt except where they have deliberately gone outside the chain of command and murdered civilians?

I think you don't have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    A war crime did not take place? I'd like to see someone bomb your house, killing your entire family and then labelling the incident "regrettable". Accident or not, I'm sure there would be a criminal investigation if it happened to your family, no?
    How? Please explain by what mechanism such an investigation would occur, and why?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.