Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reading posts/messages that you wrote a year or more back watch

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I do it once every few months. It's the only reason I kept my Bebo account. It's been untouched for nearl 4 years now and is a constant reminder of what I was like back then. Nothing spurs you to really take a look at your current self like looking at your past self. It's that moment of realisation when you're thinking 'I was a right ****' that you think 'Oh bum, I though I was alright back then, I think I'm alright now too, but I could still be a **** just a different variety.'

So it helps you to keep perspective.

Plus it's always nice to have a quick look at pictures of you when you were fat and think 'Hey, I did something about that.'

ReputationRep:
    yes yes yes ! it's fun....like you said, sometimes i couldnt believe i wrote that

ReputationRep:
    I actually did that a couple of days ago - looked through some of my old posts on here.

A couple of very silly arguments, and some posts on the academic forums!! :eek:

How things have changed since then.

ReputationRep:
    I remember looking through MySpace a few years back and I went through alllll of the comments and messages and pictures and it was a real trip down memory lane. Then I deleted it because in reality it's a little ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billton)
    I remember looking through MySpace a few years back and I went through alllll of the comments and messages and pictures and it was a real trip down memory lane. Then I deleted it because in reality it's a little ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did this, too. I now regret deleting them, because I'm 22 now and would very much like to see what I posted as a 14 year old. At 18 (when I deleted them) it was embarrassing, but now I think it would be nice to look back. I guess I can't though .

ReputationRep:
    I've been a member of a gaming forum since I was 16 (I'm 24 now) and recently looked back at my first posts. And cringed heavily! My goodness, what a sad, poorly-written teenager I was. I can laugh, though xD. And I'm glad I've matured to the point where silly forum comments don't anger me any more, haha. Some of the stuff I wrote though... Yikes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.