Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sudden bleeding 15 months into Nexplanon Watch

ReputationRep:
    As it says in the title, I got Nexplanon implant 15 months ago. Had around one month where my period was a little confused (still light though) then it stopped altogether and I've been delighted with the implant since.

Until now.

I've had three "periods" in the last month. They're 1-2 weekly and last around 3-5 days. I woke up this morning on the start of the third, I'm about to start tracking them in a diary or something. What's coming out has gotten progressively fresher looking.

Whilst I'm not bleeding to death, I am really peeved that I've got them again (life without was a delight). But I'm more concerned that my implant is losing effect potentially? I understand it works different for everyone, but I don't understand why I'd suddenly start after almost a year and a half. I'm 5'4" and 9st.

Nurse gave me the pill in case the bleeding gets heavy or painful. Pharmacist the other day suggested I get a new implant.

I've read the contraceptive threads, but I couldn't see anything about randomly starting so far in. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

Very much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    This exact same thing happened to me! Had no periods for the first year and then pretty much bled constantly for months =/ It was mostly pretty light bleeding but it was still a pain in the butt :mad:

The doctor gave me the pill as well to see if that would stop the bleeding and also mentioned I might need to get a new implant if it doesn't.

I took the pill for about a month and then decided to just have the implant removed. I was going to visit my boyfriends family in Ireland for a few weeks and I didn't want to be bleeding the whole time so I got it removed before I went and took the pill instead.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.