My mind is driving me CRAZY!! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I have realised that I ALWAYS seem to plan ahead & think ahead.. It's driving me insane because it stops me from doing things in the moment, I just don't know how to get out of this state of mind... I try to go with the flow etc but I then think of something & can't move on till its been resolved. Iam also a BIG perfectionist - so much to the point of stupidity. I can never make up mind lol, when I tell myself pull myself together & make a decision - I manage it but then change my mind again... at this stage I really have no idea how I'm going to be able to do things like choose a university even after visiting them etc... I'm just too indecisive... Is there anyone else who feels like this?! :confused:
bcr8iv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have realised that I ALWAYS seem to plan ahead & think ahead.. It's driving me insane because it stops me from doing things in the moment, I just don't know how to get out of this state of mind... I try to go with the flow etc but I then think of something & can't move on till its been resolved. Iam also a BIG perfectionist - so much to the point of stupidity. I can never make up mind lol, when I tell myself pull myself together & make a decision - I manage it but then change my mind again... at this stage I really have no idea how I'm going to be able to do things like choose a university even after visiting them etc... I'm just too indecisive... Is there anyone else who feels like this?! :confused:
I'm the complete opposite
cat_meiow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm the same as the OP, my organisation will kill me!
aurion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i do that sometimes but not all the time but i try not to no one knows thier future so i live in the moment its more fun to live an unpredictable life
Bunny Boiler
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I tend to do that a lot...
And i tend to be able to loosely predict the future and fit my schedule around it...

I also have a tendency for compulsive cleaning...
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I tend not to plan ahead. Life is so unpredictable. It's ok tho make contingency plans to a degree I.e. if this happens then I'll do this.
OP, sounds like you may be a bit of a control freak. Are you worried about what would happen if you just let go?
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I do that Sometimes I make really detailed lists of what I have to/want to do during the day otherwise I get stressed from trying to remember so much. That doesn't sound too bad until you consider starting to write really mundane things - "brush teeth", "go to sleep at..." :eek:

It especially happens during exams, I'm not usually like this. I think I must have OCD or something!
joeybee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

oh my god you have just described me!!!
I constantly double guess myself, and think too deeply about EVERYTHING.
But i'm happy with it now, this is me, and i don't think i could change the way i am, i am not easy going, and that's okay, because quite often i think and plan so much that i'm prepared for situations, even if i don't think i am.
I found chosing a uni so hard. it didn't help that each time i went to an open day, i was convinced that that uni was the one for me. So when it came to descsion time, i literally has to write down all the pro's and cons of each uni, look at teaching score, accommodation, location, reputation, entry grades, etc, etc.
It will be quite clear to you really what you want, because some uni's you will apply to will inevitably be better than others, and that's your starting point!
My indecisiveness does drive me crazy, i have been debating for the past year whether to dye my hair green or not! I have booked the hairdresses now though so it's going to be done!
I don't really know what to say in way of advice, so maybe i'm just being a bit hopeless here, but you are you, and i think you'll always be indecisive and i don't think you'll be that spontaneous, because people can only change so much. Just try to work with who you are and you'll do fine! You've got this far lol.
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i was like that, super organised, saved and planned. then it all went to hell.. i went rather insane.. and now because im used to planning but can't seem to get my head around it i do some stuff in the moment but i let things slip and that is driving me even more crazy than my old perfectionist obbsession.. i'm a mid way now.. im a disorganized planning person who changes alot....

just do what every comfy and dont get confused like i did lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (82)
39.23%
No - but I will (9)
4.31%
No - I don't want to (13)
6.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
50.24%

Watched Threads