Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    but find you can't because one stupid University, that you don't really care about now, hasn't replied?

I'm again addicted to going onto UCAS.com and serially refreshing the page, doing no favours to their server, in order to see if the last University has replied so I can accept my Unconditional to the London Institute. But alas and alack, even though I know what I got from that place, I was told in the interview last wednesday (2 days before the London Institute interview) they still haven't published the damn thing.
    Anybody else having a problem like this, I would do that thing where you withdraw your application but there are so many forms in the back, I don't know which one to pick and I'm scared I'll send off the wrong one.

ReputationRep:
    Heh yep I'm still waiting for Durham and St Andrews. I guess I could just phone UCAS and tell them to cancel my application, but I figure that since these unis have kept me waiting since last October there's no way I'm gonna let them off having to bother to make a decision!

ReputationRep:
    By the looks of my one.. you can't even accept online for a little while after they make that final decision.

ReputationRep:
    yep - im in the same position

i know im going to nottingham and kings is the only uni im waiting on, i might just call up UCAS and tell them to decline them so i can get it sorted and do my accomodation

since you got an Unconditional, you might as well do the same

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have to worry about accomodation....I just want to get the bits n pieces they send you so I can get excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Heh yep I'm still waiting for Durham and St Andrews. I guess I could just phone UCAS and tell them to cancel my application, but I figure that since these unis have kept me waiting since last October there's no way I'm gonna let them off having to bother to make a decision!
    what course at st and's if ya dont mind me askin

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was in the same position so yesterday I emailed Nottingham and told them not to bother (but more politely) as I have an uncondtional in leeds which I'm taking. By the afternoon they had put up "withdrawn" on UCAS track thing so now I can get on with things. It may therefore be worth giving the uni(s) in question a ring/email etc.

Alternatively you can send off the CNC form at the back of your "Advice For Students" booklet (if you still have it) to do the same thing more officially.

Hope that helps!
    love
    Eleanor xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyboo)
    what course at st and's if ya dont mind me askin

Medieval History

ReputationRep:
    Still Nothing!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.