Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, I need to know if I'm overreacting at the moment - but recently I found out someone filmed me whilst we were having sex without me knowing - since I've found out I've not been able to eat, sleep, leave my bed let alone my house and I'm throwing up every few hours - so to try and make myself cope I've been looking at saving up for plastic surgery, tattoos etc ( things I wouldn't do otherwise) - in the event the worst happens with that footage. The guy said he's now deleted the stuff but I just don't know. I haven't been able to focus on my revision at all lately because of this but I really don't want him to ruin my exams which are coming up very soon - I'm not trying to qualify for mitigating circumstances with this as its too embarrassing and private - but I was thinking of going for counselling in the next week or so to see if that helps take my mind off things and I can at least squeeze in a few days of revision. But I don't even know if this is a legit reason to seek counselling?! I just don't know what to do any advice on how to cope would be appreciated...I feel so stupid about all of this

ReputationRep:
    If something has upset you enough to make you sick - whatever it is - then it is definitely something that needs to be addressed. A counsellor will be trained in all sorts of circumstances and whatever you tell them will be entirely confidential unless you or another person is in serious danger. It's really embarrassing to have to speak to someone about this - perhaps asking for a female counsellor may help? If that isn't possible then a GP would also be good to talk to, and they could advise you on what to do.

I know what I have said is very generalised, but I hope it helps you in some way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    If you personally feel like counselling will do you some good then that is the only reason you need to go and get some. That is an awful thing to have to go through and I cannot imagine how upset you are feeling about this right now and having someone to talk to who has to be confidential would probably be able to help you a lot. One session of letting out feelings to someone who will listen and help may be all you need so it is definitely worth looking into. Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.